Platinum Flying on Alaska

Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Platinum Flying on Alaska

Hey,

For an upcoming trip to OGG, Alaska has non-stop flights an AA doesn't.

So what benefits do I get as a Plat?

Does Alaska have the equivalent of MCE?
The AA website says I get priority checkin, preferred seating, two free checked bags.
Most importantly, if I travel x miles, do I get the x miles bonus as I do if the flight was with AA?

Any other benefits and are there other problems?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Your benefits are as stated at aa.com:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/EliteAS.jsp

AS does not have MCE.

If by "x miles bonus" you are referring to your elite status bonus miles, then yes you do receive. Again from aa.com:
AAdvantage Elite Status Member Benefits

The following benefits apply to AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members when flying on Alaska Airlines or their affiliate airlines:
Minimum mileage guarantee for travel on flights under 500 miles
Additional elite status bonus miles for AAdvantage Executive Platinum and
AAdvantage Platinum members and AAdvantage Gold members
Additional oneworld airline recognition and benefits
All AAdvantage elite status members have access to the following benefits when traveling on Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air:
Priority check-in and boarding
Waived checked baggage charges for the first two bags
AAdvantage Executive Platinum and AAdvantage Platinum members have access to the following additional benefits when traveling on Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air:
Preferred seating

Expedited security lanes at select airports
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/alaska.jsp

Also see the thread on this subject:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lines+benefits

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Apr 17, 2015 at 2:11 pm Reason: fix aa as
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by inpd
Hey,

For an upcoming trip to OGG, Alaska has non-stop flights an AA doesn't.

So what benefits do I get as a Plat?

Does Alaska have the equivalent of MCE?
The AA website says I get priority checkin, preferred seating, two free checked bags.
Most importantly, if I travel x miles, do I get the x miles bonus as I do if the flight was with AA?

Any other benefits and are there other problems?

Thanks.
You get the same mileage/pre boarding benefits EXCEPT the "bonus" 2015 EQP/RDM promos, ability to pre-reserve seats as if it were an AA flight; there are no upgrade opportunities based on your AA status.

Last edited by bdemaria; Apr 17, 2015 at 8:07 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Bulkhead and exit row are equivalent to MCE and you have access to those seats. They are even supposed to come with first drink free but cannot remember if they implemented that yet
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
They are even supposed to come with first drink free but cannot remember if they implemented that yet
I'll be on AS tomorrow, will try to remember to order a drink and see what happens.

You also get early boarding, and they don't even check your status for those of us non-AS.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CDKing
Bulkhead and exit row are equivalent to MCE and you have access to those seats. They are even supposed to come with first drink free but cannot remember if they implemented that yet
When did this change happen? I don't recall hearing about it until now. I did find http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...ices-fees.aspx, the first drink free seems to only apply to AS's own MVP Gold and 75k, not to AA elites. I know partner elites aren't specifically called out on that page, but seeing as they don't give it to normal MVP members...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.