Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First AA flight : MIA - EZE in J - Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:29 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Question First AA flight : MIA - EZE in J - Seats?

Hi All,

I just purchased a round trip in J from GVA via LHR and MIA to EZE with the last segment being AA. I hold OW Sapphire tier status through Finnair (AY Gold) and my spouse hold Ruby (AY Silver).

After the booking was completed we were assigned seats 13A and 13B and I went to the booking to check if I could get some better seats.

The available seats Ran from Row 1 down to Row 13 but the first 4 rows were in a 1-2-1 configuration and row 8 to 13 in a 2-3-2 configuration.

I tried to choose 4D and 4G in the front cabin from MIA to EZE (I believe it's a B772) and going back I got seats 2D and 2G which the system let me do without any errors or warnings.

So, could some one please let me know what the story is here? I thought rows 1-4 were first and 8 to 13 were Business which I had purchased...

Will I lose these seats or will I be billed extra or is this after all correct?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:15 pm

Is this a codeshare operated by LAN?

If so then it's operated by a 767 with J as rows 1-5 (there is no 1st class) - the middle seats D&H both have aisle access so would be preferable to a window & aisle pair unless you prefer a view
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
In some cases AA will run a 3 class aircraft on a flight but only sell it as a 2 class aircraft with the the "First Class" seats being available for assignment to elite members.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

The first class seats are being sold as business on certain routes during the retrofit. Definitely select one. It is possible that you will end up on an old plane (in which case you'll get the old first class), or on a new plane (in which case you'll get the new business class). Both are fully flat.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Hi All,

Thanks for taking your time answering my query.

I went back into the booking and in deed it's for OW Elites / full paid J PAX only so all seems to be fine just as milesandmoremiles post ^
Old May 29, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

OK... Got kicked out back into 13A and 13B (no mail or anything telling me that it had been done - saw it when I checked my booking through AY) so changed to 9A and 9B...

Why did this happen? I don't think there is a first class service on the MIA-EZE-MIA segments...
Old May 29, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
The 772 CIP thread says that these routes are back to 3-class service because of delays in retrofitting planes.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24880057-post1616.html
Old May 29, 2015, 8:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cupart
Hi All,

I just purchased a round trip in J from GVA via LHR and MIA to EZE with the last segment being AA. I hold OW Sapphire tier status through Finnair (AY Gold) and my spouse hold Ruby (AY Silver).

After the booking was completed we were assigned seats 13A and 13B and I went to the booking to check if I could get some better seats.

The available seats Ran from Row 1 down to Row 13 but the first 4 rows were in a 1-2-1 configuration and row 8 to 13 in a 2-3-2 configuration.

I tried to choose 4D and 4G in the front cabin from MIA to EZE (I believe it's a B772) and going back I got seats 2D and 2G which the system let me do without any errors or warnings.

So, could some one please let me know what the story is here? I thought rows 1-4 were first and 8 to 13 were Business which I had purchased...

Will I lose these seats or will I be billed extra or is this after all correct?
Some more detail here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/541310.../in/datetaken/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24078217-post1254.html

You definitely won't get billed for extra or anything like that. On 2-class "rebrand" routes you'll stay where you are and on the routes they switch back to 2-cabin you'll (probably) be moved in business. But certainly stay where you are if it lets you.

Last edited by JonNYC; May 29, 2015 at 9:03 am
Old May 31, 2015, 10:12 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SJC AA
The 772 CIP thread says that these routes are back to 3-class service because of delays in retrofitting planes.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24880057-post1616.html
OK, thanks for the info SJC AA & JonNYC ^
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

So, I'm back again...

I did some check up on my upcoming EZE booking and once again the front had opened up?

So, I changed our seats from row 9 to row 3 (everything expect Row 1 was available) in the front of the aircraft so I went for it (once again). The same for the return flight so I'm wondering if this time it's going to stay put as we're getting closer to the date of travel (second half of September)...

Should I keep my row 9 seats, as last time I got the up-front-seats I was eventually kicked out and placed back to the last row of J (row 13 I believe)...???
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I would not worry too much about being booted to Row 13 again - it's as good as any other., with the only downside being the potential of crying infants as there's bassinets on the economy side of the bulkhead. I'd take the gamble of getting to sit in that F seat, which definitely is much nicer.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:40 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhomburg
I would not worry too much about being booted to Row 13 again - it's as good as any other., with the only downside being the potential of crying infants as there's bassinets on the economy side of the bulkhead. I'd take the gamble of getting to sit in that F seat, which definitely is much nicer.
This is what I'm worried about tbh...

What are the chances of this being changed once again I wonder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.