Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver

Will we be able to use the AC at SJU upon arrival, or is it just for departures?

thx,
cat22

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

This consolidated thread is now devoted to discussion of the SJU Admirals Club (location, amenities, etc.).

For questions on lounge access rules, please post to the Help Desk thread instead:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-rules.html

Remember, Puerto Rico is a Domestic destination!

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jun 11, 2010 at 5:04 pm
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:03 pm

The AC is near gate 14--so if you arrive at any gate on AA you can walk over to the AC.
If you are coming from a foreign country you will arrive at immigration and exit after customs where you have to go through security again to get to the AC.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Yes, if you are entitled to Access either via AC membership, Amex Plat Cl,... of service of from an international flight, or Oneworld elite etc.

Just walk down towards baggage claim and the club is on the left.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Thx! We'll be arriving at SJU from MIA at around 2pm Sunday. Would like to freshen up before heading to the Cruise Ship.

cat22
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Don't thank us yet - without knowing your presumed right of access, we might be blowing smoke at you; if you are counting on AA Platinum alone for access, I believe you won't get it flying in from MIA (or flying out of MIA.)

If you are an Admirals Club member, of course you would get access - but do think of luggage arriving and spending time in the carousel area unattended.

Check the Admirals Club Access Policies here - they even have some great FAQs with examples.

Originally Posted by cat22
Thx! We'll be arriving at SJU from MIA at around 2pm Sunday. Would like to freshen up before heading to the Cruise Ship.

cat22
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:20 pm

MIA-SJU is all of 2 hours flying time.
The AC is also the worst around IMO.
Better off jumping in the pool on the ship.
Or off the ship.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Unfortunately no showers at SJU but if you use the bathrooms upstairs there is at least a bit of privacy for the homeless basin wash routine.

cat22
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by vail
MIA-SJU is all of 2 hours flying time.
The AC is also the worst around IMO.
Better off jumping in the pool on the ship.
Or off the ship.
Hmmm, I bought a day pass when I came home (BUR) from SJU. Thought SJU AC was just fine. I was as happy there as I was in the one in DFW on the layover.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the "interesting" information. We are travelling in BIZ, and thought that would gain us access, but, I am also an Admirals Club member, so not an issue. We are flying SFO-MIA-SJU, so, based on your comments, I will plan to use the facilities there between flights. You're right about being there when the bags come off the plane - Thanks!

cat22
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AA 2M, UA, Starwood Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
SJU Admirals Club - Angels

It wasn't until landing in SJU with an urgent need and a 91 year old Mom, that I realized why Admirals' Club agents are sometimes called "angels." What a smooth, professional, poised staff who quickly went into action to solve an intricate problem - fantastic. This was on a busy Monday morning after Thanksgiving - please let them know here's one Admirals Club member that really appreciates the SJU staff.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mgreg
It wasn't until landing in SJU with an urgent need and a 91 year old Mom, that I realized why Admirals' Club agents are sometimes called "angels." What a smooth, professional, poised staff who quickly went into action to solve an intricate problem - fantastic. This was on a busy Monday morning after Thanksgiving - please let them know here's one Admirals Club member that really appreciates the SJU staff.
You got it!!!!!

cat22
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
They make great Bloody Marys, too.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
They make great Bloody Marys, too.
My favorite Bloody Marys so far have been at SFO AC. I'll try one when we depart SJU!

Thx,
cat22
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Thanks for all of the "interesting" information. We are travelling in BIZ, and thought that would gain us access, but, I am also an Admirals Club member, so not an issue. We are flying SFO-MIA-SJU, so, based on your comments, I will plan to use the facilities there between flights. You're right about being there when the bags come off the plane - Thanks!

cat22
Good luck with that. I made it 2 of 4 times. On the other 2 attempts, one flight got me there barely in time for the connection to SJU, and the other was so late I ended up going SFO-JFK. Instead of taking the flight they had booked me on out of JFK, I passed one that was just about ready to close up and they let me on....... AND I got the last BC seat.. Since I was on MR's, i did it all 4 times in MIA on the way back from SJU
Old Jan 17, 2009, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Will we be able to use the AC at SJU upon arrival, or is it just for departures?

thx,
cat22
It's the same as a standard domestic lounge. There is no immigration stopping you if coming in on a domestic AA flight. no showers, and usually too hot or too cold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.