Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble signing in on aa.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
What annoyed me, I guess, is the lack of an up-front "under construction" banner. At least they have one now . . . after you try to log in.

Had I been running things, I would've posted a notice right on the home page.
It'd had been great if they posted one of the old animated .gif under construction banners from the 90's. Like there used to be on every Geocities website.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I just booked a reservation on the mobile aa.com via iphone. I couldn't log in at first, so I searched and selected the flights as a guest. Then, when it came time to add pax info, I was able to log in using the aadvantage account. After that, it was smooth sailing (relatively speaking) to the end of the booking process. YMMV.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It seems that when I search an itinerary directly using the record locator and my name, i can pull it up. However, when logging into my AAdvantage account, i get the error message.

Mobile app is working for me.

YMMV
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by jlc201
If it's any help, I needed to make an award travel reservation for this Monday and was able to call the Advantage phone line to make the reservation without paying the telephone booking fee.
You can booked award ticket, I just did. You just look the flight and put your name and AA FF# and it work.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:46 pm

Yeah, the site's still good and down. Hopefully I'll wake up and my US miles will have been merged and all will be well.

Also, if people want to place bets on which of my two major currently-inaccessible airline accounts - BA or AA - comes back up first, feel free! Will it be US and AA coming through with a big combined point balance, or BA solving the case of the missing Avios? Stay tuned!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
I just booked a reservation on the mobile aa.com via iphone. I couldn't log in at first, so I searched and selected the flights as a guest. Then, when it came time to add pax info, I was able to log in using the aadvantage account. After that, it was smooth sailing (relatively speaking) to the end of the booking process. YMMV.
I was heading down that path, but unfortunately the reservation I had on hold which should have expired had not been expired so I couldn't complete the new reservation, nor could I get to the one on hold to delete it.

Had to call in to get it sorted, but it is very regrettable that so much disruption is being caused even to normal reservation activity on accounts that are not involved in the merge.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Originally Posted by Mark_T
I was heading down that path, but unfortunately the reservation I had on hold which should have expired had not been expired so I couldn't complete the new reservation, nor could I get to the one on hold to delete it.

Had to call in to get it sorted, but it is very regrettable that so much disruption is being caused even to normal reservation activity on accounts that are not involved in the merge.
It is all one FFP system so yes it is going to affect previous accounts. Plus they still have to hook up the ability for previous AA accounts to log into US site as well as all the new accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.