Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble signing in on aa.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by rjw242
This is an excellent point. It really is the first time in the history of the Internet that a commerce website has been momentarily unavailable during a massive reconfiguration.

Great job, Doug Parker.
LMAO

That's it- I'm NEVER coming back!!!!!!!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Piedmont767
Could you imagine what it's going to be like when we merge reservation systems!
SHARES will be ditched going forward, so it can't be THAT bad!

(unlike UA of course)
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:06 pm

If it's any help, I needed to make an award travel reservation for this Monday and was able to call the Advantage phone line to make the reservation without paying the telephone booking fee.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I really wish they had given us some warning that there would be some type of activity this weekend. An email, an announcement, discussions on FT, banners for the last weeks on their sites, etc., so we wouldn't be shocked, stunned, flabbergasted that it's down for a few hours.

Doug is obviously drunk and ruining the best airline in the history of the world. Again.

Yes, that's sarcasm. Wait a few hours. Pick up the phone.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Been trying all day to buy a ticket! Very frustrating.

Question, if I book on a third party site like Orbitz (that is if I can), would I still be able to request upgrades using the 500 mile certificates?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Been trying all day to buy a ticket! Very frustrating.

Question, if I book on a third party site like Orbitz (that is if I can), would I still be able to request upgrades using the 500 mile certificates?
I doubt on Orbitz. But once aa.com comes back you should be able to go into your reservations and request it.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I doubt on Orbitz. But once aa.com comes back you should be able to go into your reservations and request it.
I suspect you could also call in and have an agent put in the upgrade requests (if you really wanted to ensure you're as high on the list as possible).
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
The merger is a failure!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by CPRich
I really wish they had given us some warning that there would be some type of activity this weekend. An email, an announcement, discussions on FT, banners for the last weeks on their sites, etc., so we wouldn't be shocked, stunned, flabbergasted that it's down for a few hours.

Doug is obviously drunk and ruining the best airline in the history of the world. Again.

Yes, that's sarcasm. Wait a few hours. Pick up the phone.

I expected the AAdvantage system to be down, not the whole website.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
What annoyed me, I guess, is the lack of an up-front "under construction" banner. At least they have one now . . . after you try to log in.

Had I been running things, I would've posted a notice right on the home page.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
What annoyed me, I guess, is the lack of an up-front "under construction" banner. At least they have one now . . . after you try to log in.

Had I been running things, I would've posted a notice right on the home page.

Is your browser not rendering the grey bar at the top?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:56 pm

If anyone has time-critical issues (buying a ticket, requesting an upgrade) just call AA. Explain the website is down (they know it) and ask them to waive any fees.

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
I felt bad for calling--called this morning when I couldn't log in only to reach a beleaguered but very professional web services agent who confirmed it's a mess (my description), said a new banner had just been posted, and apologized. The banner blended right into my safari bar, as it turned out.

I infer that JDiver is suggesting we do what we can to avoid contributing to the delay in it getting straightened out and wholly concur. (JDiver is very wise.)

Originally Posted by grapkoski
Is your browser not rendering the grey bar at the top?
I think it only displays after you try and log on. That is what the the poster said
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Yes, regular site impossible to access. Mobile partially functional. Account access on both down due to migration of US members. Was trying to do a same-day change online, from inflight but mobile couldn't handle it. Had to wait until I got to LAX and the Flagship lounge where I got put on the standby list. Cleared at the gate and am now on my way to ATL early evening vs the red eye. Last F seat too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.