Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Ritz
Did they at least post with a 9/11 date so as to count toward MM status?
Amazingly, they got that part right!

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
After waiting over 6 months and after sending numerous e-mails, my miles from a Septebmer 2011 Sears purchase finally posted --- at 2 miles per $ rather than the correct 10 miles per $.
This happened with one of my purchases, too.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:35 pm

3/8/2012 3/20/2012 Newegg.com $45.00 PENDING 90
3/9/2012 3/20/2012 Newegg.com $30.00 PENDING 60
3/14/2012 3/20/2012 Newegg.com $50.00 PENDING 100

Im amazed that it finally showed up in AA mall,but who knows it will probably get rejected....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by snugglening
3/9/2012 3/20/2012 Newegg.com $30.00 PENDING 60
3/14/2012 3/20/2012 Newegg.com $50.00 PENDING 100

Im amazed that it finally showed up in AA mall,but who knows it will probably get rejected....
Am I missing something? It's not from that long ago...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:07 pm
ss

Anyone remember "miles for every three purchases" promotion?

There was a promotion at the end of last year: 500 bonus miles for every three purchases. The promotion started around September, and ran through December 15. The purchases had to be at least $10 each.

Did anyone save the details of that promotion? It's now past the "eight to twelve" weeks waiting period following the end of the promotion, and of course no bonus miles have posted for me.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by ss
There was a promotion at the end of last year: 500 bonus miles for every three purchases. The promotion started around September, and ran through December 15. The purchases had to be at least $10 each.

I do not remember American offering this at all. Are you confusing this with United's Month of Miles? It was a targeted only offer for people who received the offer via email or snail mail. Some got 1000/2, 1000/3 or for me I got 500 miles per every 4 transactions! It had a $10 minimum.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:56 pm
ss

Originally Posted by sargenet
Are you confusing this with United's Month of Miles?
I think you must be right. Thanks.

One less Cartera issue to keep track of. :-)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
FlyerTalk's Marathon Man has created a petition against Cartera Commerce because he was owed over 250,000 MileagePlus miles and I'm sure would appreciate support from other FT'ers:

http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...-missing-miles

If you go to CommunityBuzz, Marathon Man is organizing a FT DO in the Boston-area, as he is taking Cartera Commerce to small claims and would like to meet with other FT-er's.

I would provide a link to the thread in Community Buzz, but I don't want to cross post.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by bj2757
I made 6 purchases last summer (Jun/Jul) and after 24 emails and 3 phone calls I finally got the credit for 4 of the purchases with the bonus, and within the last month they finally gave me the last two for basic points but still no bonus. So far they haven't responded to email 24.....
Just an update...emails are up to 27. In Feb their response was they (Catera) had turned the issue over to someone (I've lost track of how many time they have done that) and to wait 3-4 days for a response. I waited 3 weeks before I contacted them again and their response was it had been turned over to someone and to wait 4 weeks (from 8 Mar - 2 weeks after they said it had been turned over the last time) for a response. Still nothing so email 27 went out this morning.

Interesting that they have acknowledged the purchases were made - and the Catera insider on here PM'd me asking for the information to assist - never head back from him/her either after I provided the info.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:26 pm

Email address? Can someone post or PM a customer service email address for Cartera? I have to get started chasing down my huge pile o Sears miles that haven't posted
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Email address? Can someone post or PM a customer service email address for Cartera? I have to get started chasing down my huge pile o Sears miles that haven't posted
Here are a few:

<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by ajnaro
You forgot the one to the North Pole - works just as well..... :-)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
and good luck with getting any kind of forthright, coherent answer from any of those emails. Cartera also has a presence on FlyerTalk, if you so desire. They haven't been very helpful thus far with being able to escalate most of our concerns.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is hopeless dealing with Cartera.

They owe me points on the United MoM, the only 10 transactions I made before giving up after reading about the mess in Sept. I emailed them after enough time passed, got a reply from Tom who said it would take 2 to 4 weeks to research it. Nothing happened after 6 weeks I emailed again this time copied Petra, supposedly the person handles Cartera's presence on FT. Got a reply about she would research it. Nothing happened in the following 2 months. I started sending emails again. Not hearing a blip from them. Then I read some big heaters on the UA MoM promo got their miles posted - several of them were above 500K each. So I emailed Tom again, pointed out that now you guys finally have cleared up some of the huge stacks of missing transactions for those folks, could you please look at my measly 10 transactions that you promised me like 6 months ago? This time I got a positive reply about the transactions were all verified but it would take 2 weeks before they would show up in my UA shopping mall account, and another several weeks to my MP account but he claimed I would get the MoM bonus which in my case is 2/1000, so a 5K in total.

The exact wording is as below:

Please allow me to apologize for the delay in our response. I have checked with REI.com and other necessary third parties involved in the research process and they have approved your transactions. We have requested the United post the miles to your account. Once United MileagePlus Shopping posts your transactions to your account, United Airlines will post the corresponding promotional miles for the qualified transactions. Please allow two weeks for the miles for your transactions to post.

This was in late March. We are half-way thru April, nothing is in my UA shopping mall account.

I would not shop at any shopping portals that are managed by Cartera. The Sears purchases never posted ever since Cartera took over the UA Mall. It posted before without follow up, 2 years ago. Same with BA's and IHG's Malls, also run by Cartera. Nothing posted.

So far, only Chase' Ultimate Reward Mall still works, presumably because Chase itself is quite involved when points are not posted. Chase also often makes courtesy adjustment and just give the points to your account if you made the purchases with Chase' own cards and they can see the charges on the cards.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:08 pm

Purchasing on AAdvatange eShopping/ Cartera Commerce-This May Happen to You

Wonder how Marathon Man is doing

Warning: Think twice about using any airline shopping portal that Cartera Commerce services, especially on large purchases.

I had no problem with about dozen transactions on AAdvantage eShopping for few hundred points here and there. But a HP computer transaction for $3,700 worth 11,300 miles was not credited to my Advantage account. Those unfamiliar with Cartera Commerce know its customer service is pathetic. For a company that fulfills (sometimes) reward points though an internet purchase and tracking, their Browser choices on the contact form for Firefox is only up to Firefox 6 (Firefox current Browser is 11).

Two months will go by before Cartera Commerce will address your inquiry. Then another month will go before you realize it shouldnt take this long and you submit a status update. They will reject your reward claim with some potential explanations. You will look it over and scratch your head because youve done a dozen previous purchases without a glitch. Cartera Commerce may cite you used a coupon code from HP that voided the reward. You contact HP and they said you did not use a code (I knew this but want it in writing). Surprisingly, HP CS offers to contact the HP department that denied the reward if Cartera Commerce will provide that information. Dream on-no such luck getting info from Cartera Commerce.

Dont get the idea of contacting BBB. You will get some more vague responses from Cartera and even an interesting one saying the commission for the order was credited to another party (Great, someone else is benefiting from my purchase). Even better are more reasons why you did not get the reward, various reasonsand etc. Then you repeat your request via HP CS for the name of the HP department that communicates with Cartera Commerce. You hope BBB will back you up with this request of trying to get a firm answer on why one is denied 11,300 miles (or given to a third party). BBB is worthless, and is going the way of the Dodo Bird-thanks to likes of Yelp or Angies List.

If youre going to use a shopping portal Cartera services, Ive read Chases Ultimate Rewards is less risky. I will probably use American Express MR from now on. Good riddance AAdvantage E-Shopping.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.