Wiki Posts
Search

"our representatives are busy at this time"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
"our representatives are busy at this time"

I need to ticket an itinerary I'm holding using a Transportation Voucher. It cannot be redeemed on AA.com. But I can't get through to anyone on the phone. I'm surprised the system doesn't give me the option of waiting on hold. Any tips on getting through? Or experience as to when this will lift?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by bklink
I need to ticket an itinerary I'm holding using a Transportation Voucher. It cannot be redeemed on AA.com. But I can't get through to anyone on the phone. I'm surprised the system doesn't give me the option of waiting on hold. Any tips on getting through? Or experience as to when this will lift?
There is a big winter storm that has caused numerous flight cancellations. All agents are probably busy assisting with the re routing options for all affected travelers. My flight was canceled today and I waited around 45 minutes to get assistance, I was actually given the option of a callback.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
I was given the callback option today - took about 1h30m for them to call back. Were you not given that option?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
No just unilaterally hangs up on me
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Chicago is currently in the midst of a blizzard warning and I'm sure the EXP desk is inundated with calls from those with delayed and cancelled flights.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:50 pm

I was given the callback option, but when they called back 20 min later, it was domestic rather than international (even though I picked international at the beginning of the original call). They transferred me to international, but this meant I started from zero, and without the priority that comes from my phone number being associated with my status. Needless to say, I never got through.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bklink
No just unilaterally hangs up on me
Yes, I imagine the phone agents are swamped. There are just so many calls the system can queue up and once that is hit, it's "good bye". Your only option is to try back later hoping the system has more bandwidth then. I get this with other IVR phone systems too.

Good luck.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Perhaps give it a shot during overnight hours in the US (like 4am east coast time / 9am London).
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
same here. need to ticket an award itin by tonight...will the extend deadline and re-instate the reservation... if I can't get thru the whole day? Tried it 4 times now, over the last 3 hours...and the system just hangs up on me...:-(
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Chicago is currently in the midst of a blizzard warning and I'm sure the EXP desk is inundated with calls from those with delayed and cancelled flights.
With the NE expecting another storm. I used call back feature to reschedule mine earlier today. Called back in 30 minutes.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Take the voucher to the airport and ticket it there. Generally much EASIER
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I've also had issues with the phone system today. I've tried the callback feature twice today. After waiting over an hour on both attempts, I received a callback from AA only to be promptly disconnected before reaching an agent. Now on my third attempt... this time I'm just waiting on hold (50 minutes and counting). This is not typical - even when there's weather issues in the system.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA PremExec
Have been waiting two hours for a callback…ugh.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
strange, i got a callback in 15 min and booked a cx award tix about two hours ago
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:06 am

"Over 2 hours". Wheeee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.