Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This is the archived thread for this subject, and is now closed.

The current thread is: LHR / London Heathrow T3 AA / US Arrivals Lounge (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:22 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by screwedbyaa
My favorite is CX, hands down. It's not spectacular in terms of luxury or size, but it's an island of tranquility in an otherwise-hectic airport (AC lounges have all the tranquility of a third world spice market).

Don't sweat the card issue -- I've been flying without a card for over a year (never got my EXP card last year) and was never barred. In fact, I was only ever "challenged" once and they simply looked on the system and welcomed me in -- and this was at BA First lounge. I just wrote something about this on another thread...
As the OP is travelling in J on a OW carrier, he is entitled to access to any OW J lounge solely based on CoS - and CX is one of the best at honouring OW rules/benefits. No card needed. I have easily entered the CX F lounge with my AA F BP not showing my EXP card.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:18 am

Programs: AA Plt
Originally Posted by Cellisvae
CX website says LHR lounge opens at 0700. Can anyone confirm? I pass thru LHR on Sunday on the way to MIA from MAN and would like to sample this lounge
Well I got there at 0800 a couple weeks ago and plenty of people were already there, so I'm assuming it had been open awhile. Have fun – it's a wonderful lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I always spend most of time in CX F lounge - after the midday CX flight to Hong Kong departs, I'm always alone for a few hours. Can't beat that. I'll then head down to the FL for a few before going to the gate.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLT
I've generally been visiting the CX F lounge; staff is generally very good and food is decent by lounge standards (standard CX microwave noodles and dimsum). I wasn't that impressed to say the truth, the whole place looks pretty dead compared to wing/pier (which was my only previous CX experience), no social atmosphere at all.
If you want to work, however, it's extremely quiet and generally empty; an excellent environment. And there's free-flowing Veuve and a very god (though also very small) wine selection
Can't comment on JL
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
If you want to use the CX or JL lounges and you you arrive at T1 do not follow the signs or instructions of the jolly useless BAA staff. They directed us to T3 landside which of course caused us having to go through security again, which however, we could not because our flight actually departed from T1. The fast track guy scanned our boarding passes only to deny us access to T3 since we were leaving from T1. He sent us back to T1 (10 min walk each way). At T1, we found out that he invalided our boarding passes by scanning them.

Needless to say, we did not make it to T3 and had a few drinks at the BA First Lounge.

If you want to go from terminal to terminal at LHR make sure you stay airside all the time, no matter what the signs or the people say....
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:34 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deltahater
If you want to use the CX or JL lounges and you you arrive at T1 do not follow the signs or instructions of the jolly useless BAA staff. They directed us to T3 landside which of course caused us having to go through security again, which however, we could not because our flight actually departed from T1. The fast track guy scanned our boarding passes only to deny us access to T3 since we were leaving from T1. He sent us back to T1 (10 min walk each way). At T1, we found out that he invalided our boarding passes by scanning them.

Needless to say, we did not make it to T3 and had a few drinks at the BA First Lounge.

If you want to go from terminal to terminal at LHR make sure you stay airside all the time, no matter what the signs or the people say....
It is not possible "to go from terminal to terminal" to visit various lounges. Per the BAA regs you are only allowed to use the lounges in the terminal that you flight departs from.

Not to mention the fact that transiting between terminals airside still requires a pass through security.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by Deltahater

I think the mistakes here are your own, not the "jolly useless BAA staff". First, you have to reclear security whether you go airside or landside, so being directed to T3 landside has no bearing on this.
Second, as you discovered, they won't allowed you into the "wrong" terminal - but you were correctly directed to the CX lounge, which is in T3
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Personally, I like the A/C in T3. It's very large, has a quiet room where I've taken nice naps in the lazyboy chairs (after long flights overnight from Africa in Y). I'm usually flying in from working in the bush somewhere in Africa, so the HOT shower in the A/C is sooooo good. The business section is a very nice small cubicle office environment with comfy chairs for doing email/web access, and recharging laptop and cell batteries.

Going the other way, I always use the BA Terraces Lounge and the Molton Spa in T4. It's quite nice.

Now that I'm EXP, this year i look forward to trying out the FL and BA First Lounges, which i've never been in.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by billgrates3
Personally, I like the A/C in T3. It's very large, has a quiet room where I've taken nice naps in the lazyboy chairs (after long flights overnight from Africa in Y). I'm usually flying in from working in the bush somewhere in Africa, so the HOT shower in the A/C is sooooo good. The business section is a very nice small cubicle office environment with comfy chairs for doing email/web access, and recharging laptop and cell batteries.

Going the other way, I always use the BA Terraces Lounge and the Molton Spa in T4. It's quite nice.

Now that I'm EXP, this year i look forward to trying out the FL and BA First Lounges, which i've never been in.
Well, if you like the A/C for the reasons you state, you will dislike the FL. The ambience in the FL is worse than the A/C!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:45 am

By Far - Virgin Atlantic... Terminal 3

Without a doubt, I have to say they have the best lounge there. BA's first class lounge in Terminal 1, if you are EXP/Emerald, you can get in -- that is really nice too - but VA has it down.

The AA lounge - the FIRST CLASS lounge is sooooo tired, I'd rather have a lounge chair on the tarmarc. I can't even stand it. The chairs are GROSS and Dirty and completly worn out. It is by far the WORST KEPT lounge anywhere I've been in the world. I just wish it would get a remodel.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by gman4commerce
[Virgin Atlantic, Terminal 3 - ] Without a doubt, I have to say they have the best lounge there.
Not really relevant to the OP, though, since he/she is on AA.
BA's first class lounge in Terminal 1, if you are EXP/Emerald, you can get in -- that is really nice too
Not really relevant to the OP, though, since he/she is leaving from T3.
The AA lounge - the FIRST CLASS lounge is sooooo tired, I'd rather have a lounge chair on the tarmarc. I can't even stand it. The chairs are GROSS and Dirty and completly worn out. It is by far the WORST KEPT lounge anywhere I've been in the world.
You won't get much disagreement that the Flagship Lounge isn't great, but think Mr. Hyperbole may have edited your post while you weren't looking. Hardly the worst kept lounge in the world!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 5:41 pm

Question Lounges access for Non OW connection ??

First of all, thanks everyone for postings, I've learned a lot from this forum.

I will be flying to LHR from the US on AA with connection with SAS (SK?) to GOT and wondering if I can use the OW lounges there in LHR, any idea which is the arrival and departure termninal for these flights.

I have AC membership and a newbee EXP.
Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by billgrates3

Going the other way, I always use the BA Terraces Lounge and the Molton Spa in T4. It's quite nice...
No more Molton Spa in BA T4. Now it's Elemis; there are no more real massages, just a back rub, and the wait time is usually around two hours, or longer. To avoid disappointment, it's best to forget the spa.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by DVSAN

I will be flying to LHR from the US on AA with connection with SAS (SK?) to GOT and wondering if I can use the OW lounges there in LHR, any idea which is the arrival and departure termninal for these flights.

Thanks
outbound - no access based on your status - sas is not oneworld but if you are returning the same way, you will have access to AA's AC, FL and JL(the best imho), CX lounges in terminal 3.

if? sas leaves from terminal 3 you can visit ac based on your membership, but if it's any other terminal then it's a no-go.

if you are flying sas j then you may have access to their or their partners lounge(s)
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:50 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DVSAN

Thanks

You AA/OW status will not get you access to any lounges prior to the SK departure. However since you are an AC member you can use the club prior to your departure since SK departs from T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.