Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges

Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This is the archived thread for this subject, and is now closed.

The current thread is: LHR / London Heathrow T3 AA / US Arrivals Lounge (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges

Old Sep 4, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by lalala
What time does CX lounge open? I have an early CDG-LHR-ORD flight that brings me into LHR way earlier than I'm used to.

I do love that lounge for its quietness and front desk graciousness that does not exist at the FL at LHR.

lala
I was told it opens at 8:30 am by the lady at the front desk .
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
JAL Lounge at LHR-3

The other day, my wife, daughter, and I used the JAL lounge (Area F) rather than the Admirals Club.

We arrived just as the club opened at 3:00pm (Note: I was there in May 2008 and the hours are now 1:00pm to 7:00pm). At first, they did not understand that we wanted to use the club. Eventually, they looked at BOTH my AA boarding card (PLT) and PLT card and welcomed us. As others have noted, they had to log us in manually.

They suggested that we might like the family room; they were correct. It's a wonderful space for children, with plenty of activities to keep our daughter happy and occupied. It also meant that we didn't have to worry about her making noise and disturbing others, which made for a much more pleasant experience for us.

As others have noted, there is a nice selection of drinks (hard and soft), as well as food. One thing of note: Sushi is not available until 4:00pm, so if you are on AA-131 (JFK) or AA-91 (ORD) you are out of luck, as you will have to head to the gate just as it is ready (AA-155 to BOS might just make it).

My one criticism was that there was a slim selection of newspapers and only a few copies of those that they had.

Overall, it was a nice experience and I would not hesitate to use it again (Note: We used it again in May 2008 and were just as pleased this time).

Last edited by AA-Platinum; May 2, 2008 at 4:34 pm Reason: Update Information
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Heathrow Lounges, which is ur favorite

Flying J back to lax from lhr on tues. I didnt bring my plt card and just have my ticket, will I be able to use the aa, cx, and jal lounges? if so, which is ur favorite?

thanks,
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by chanp
Flying J back to lax from lhr on tues. I didnt bring my plt card and just have my ticket, will I be able to use the aa, cx, and jal lounges? if so, which is ur favorite? thanks,
Always bring your PLT card when going through LHR. The lounge dragons can be nasty because to them, your status on your boarding pass means zilch.

As for my favorite lounge, it has to be CX - great food and booze ^
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi
Always bring your PLT card when going through LHR. The lounge dragons can be nasty because to them, your status on your boarding pass means zilch.

As for my favorite lounge, it has to be CX - great food and booze ^
well, i didnt bring it this time let me see how i do. i will report from their lounge if i get in, if not, from AA's

c
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:54 pm

lack of card may limit you to aa ac.

don't know when your flight departs, but if it's late afternoon, then jl lounge is the clear choice, imho (it opens at 3p)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by nacirema
lack of card may limit you to aa ac.

don't know when your flight departs, but if it's late afternoon, then jl lounge is the clear choice, imho (it opens at 3p)
leave at 1140am, ac will be no problem, they will see the J ticket and PLT. cx is my next challenge oh, gotta shower too, we will see what happens

c
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
My favorite is CX, hands down. It's not spectacular in terms of luxury or size, but it's an island of tranquility in an otherwise-hectic airport (AC lounges have all the tranquility of a third world spice market).

Don't sweat the card issue -- I've been flying without a card for over a year (never got my EXP card last year) and was never barred. In fact, I was only ever "challenged" once and they simply looked on the system and welcomed me in -- and this was at BA First lounge. I just wrote something about this on another thread...
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
I can't comment on the JAL lounge, but I concur with others about CX lounge. My experience was great ... wonderful staff, tasty food offerings, but most importantly - quiet and calm. I forgot I was in LHR ^
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by miamigrad
I can't comment on the JAL lounge, but I concur with others about CX lounge. My experience was great ... wonderful staff, tasty food offerings, but most importantly - quiet and calm. I forgot I was in LHR ^

I have only been to the BA First Class Lounge and I was duly impressed. Since no one mentioned the BA lounge here, I assume the other ones are that much better... I'll report back tomorrow (on my way to DUB right now)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I have only been to the BA First Class Lounge and I was duly impressed. Since no one mentioned the BA lounge here, I assume the other ones are that much better... I'll report back tomorrow (on my way to DUB right now)
The BA lounges are great, esp the Concorde room. The issue of course is you cannot access the BA lounges in T4 or T1 when flying out of T3.

I like the CX lounge myself, which is much better than the AC / FL. I have not been to the JAL lounge though - not sure where it is either.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ajacpril
The BA lounges are great, esp the Concorde room. The issue of course is you cannot access the BA lounges in T4 or T1 when flying out of T3.
exactly, ba lounge is a non-issue here.

jl lounge is much better than cx lounge imho, but that's just my opinion. check it out next time.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
CX website says LHR lounge opens at 0700. Can anyone confirm? I pass thru LHR on Sunday on the way to MIA from MAN and would like to sample this lounge
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
The JL lounge doesn't open in the morning, which is a potential issue. Personally, between the J sides of both CX and JL, I prefer CX (although JL has a sake selection and different food options if that pleases you more). Both are nice, but I personally find the CX layout and sense more relaxing than JL, which somehow often seems too small and pressured for me.

(Although, the times that I've been in CX with a huge crowd, that can make a difference)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:25 pm

ill try to hit cx and jal on tues, let u all know

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.