FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Transatlantic BA flights codeshared as AA flights now earn miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/164580-transatlantic-ba-flights-codeshared-aa-flights-now-earn-miles.html)

worldtraveler19 Mar 11, 04 9:17 am

Transatlantic BA flights codeshared as AA flights now earn miles
 

Just read this morning that AA coded flights on BA transatlantic now earn aadvantage miles....great option....especially to get to LHR instead of LGW.

I wonder if we will still get the same elite bonus matching as an actual AA operated flight? Does anyone know? Or guess?

andrzej Mar 11, 04 9:27 am


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by worldtraveler19:

Just read this morning that AA coded flights on BA transatlantic now earn aadvantage miles....great option....especially to get to LHR instead of LGW.

I wonder if we will still get the same elite bonus matching as an actual AA operated flight? Does anyone know? Or guess?
</font>
I believe that only flights to MAN will be codeshared for the forseeable future. LHR is still off the list.

If you do buy your ticket with AA flight number all the bonuses apply as if you were flying on AA.

You could fly to LHR on AA. 1 or 2 flights from ORD and LAX and many flights from BOS and JFK.


kanebear Mar 11, 04 11:13 am


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
I believe that only flights to MAN will be codeshared for the forseeable future. LHR is still off the list.

If you do buy your ticket with AA flight number all the bonuses apply as if you were flying on AA.

You could fly to LHR on AA. 1 or 2 flights from ORD and LAX and many flights from BOS and JFK.

</font>
Four flights a day from ORD, two from MIA, two from LAX... AA has LOTS of options to LHR.

GUWonder Mar 11, 04 10:07 pm

Not bad for me. With the start-up of Manchester-Copenhagen twice a day combined with any AA codeshares to Manchester from ORD, JFK or IAD, I will be sitting pretty without getting hoodwinked with BA's punishing mileage program.

hillrider Mar 12, 04 3:46 pm


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GUWonder:
I will be sitting pretty.</font>
Nah, it appears that it won't work: they're running a 76G on that route, so no flat seats. To seat pretty (or more exactly, lie flat and be pretty when you get off the flight) we will still have to be hoodwinked with BA's punishing mileage program -- or pay J on AA and use the program to get a flat seat (F)--without BA's better service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

GUWonder Mar 12, 04 4:29 pm


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hillrider:
Nah, it appears that it won't work: they're running a 76G on that route, so no flat seats. To seat pretty (or more exactly, lie flat and be pretty when you get off the flight) we will still have to be hoodwinked with BA's punishing mileage program -- or pay J on AA and use the program to get a flat seat (F)--without BA's better service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif</font>
Did anyone forget that consistency in product and service is one thing that consumers expect before they choose to be long-term repeat buyers? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

JonNYC Mar 12, 04 4:38 pm


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GUWonder:
Did anyone forget that consistency in product and service is one thing that consumers expect before they choose to be long-term repeat buyers? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif</font>
Yes, I think someone did forget.. did you mean the opposite? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Efrem Mar 12, 04 9:45 pm

And did anyone forget that mile & VIP upgrades don't apply to code-shares? You pay for where you want to sit, period. Since I find overseas upgrades to be one of the best uses of miles and just about the only practical use of VIPs, that's a real issue. (If you normally fly in paid international F, which I don't, your feelings would differ.)

worldtraveler19 Mar 13, 04 7:41 am


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Efrem:
And did anyone forget that mile & VIP upgrades don't apply to code-shares? You pay for where you want to sit, period. Since I find overseas upgrades to be one of the best uses of miles and just about the only practical use of VIPs, that's a real issue. (If you normally fly in paid international F, which I don't, your feelings would differ.)</font>
yes...what you say is very true...yet, it is nice to be able to get not only miles, but bonus miles and elite qualification points on codeshare flights when previously you got none on transatlantic operated BA. Bottom line, still fly on AA flights whenever you can for all the perks...

GUWonder Mar 13, 04 8:54 am


<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
Yes, I think someone did forget.. did you mean the opposite? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif</font>
You are right. I need to focus [on AAdvantage and AA] and execute a little more than the Bush Administration, I guess. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

jamespvg Mar 13, 04 5:10 pm

No - andrezj was correct.

There are currently no plans to codeshare on any US-LHR/LGW routes, simply because AA/BA are prevented from doing this by anti-competition bodies on both sides of the atlantic. This is the reason why you cannot earn / redeem miles ex-LON to the US.

FF sharing is only applicable on the Glasgow and Manchester routes (or BA ex-LON to Canada).

[This message has been edited by jamespvg (edited Mar 13, 2004).]


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:35 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.