757: 17A/F (exit row w/ no recline) or regular LRTC seat?

Old Mar 10, 04, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
757: 17A/F (exit row w/ no recline) or regular LRTC seat?

Which is better?

How bad are 17A/F -- is there no recline at all? Is there any more legroom?
Old Mar 10, 04, 5:08 pm
LLZ

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by $1500forGLD:
Which is better?

How bad are 17A/F -- is there no recline at all? Is there any more legroom?
</font>
This is the best exit row seat. As it is the second row of this exit row bank, there is no restriction on recline...so it's normal in that regard but with the legroom of exit row...can't go wrong with it.

A or F? No difference really. Do you prefer to lean your head on it's left or right side against the bulkhead..

[This message has been edited by LLZ (edited Mar 10, 2004).]
Old Mar 10, 04, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
17A/F is *not* the second row of the exit row, it's the first. Row 18 is what you want, since it has the full recline. 17A/F has no recline. I do not like 17A/F at all. My preference for seats on the 757 LRTC, in order of preference, is: 18A, 18F, anything else in 18, 10A, 10F, 9B, 9E.
Old Mar 10, 04, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
The seat does not recline at all. but you do get the leg room. try row 18 or rows 9 and 10. I would take 17 over a non-exit row seat.
Old Mar 10, 04, 7:59 pm

It's a great seat if it's a short flight and/or if you want to work on your laptop the whole flight, because (1) there's lots more legroom, (2) the seat in *front* of you doesn't recline either, and (3) there's a power port.

If you were hoping to recline your seat (at all) then pick another seat!

Oh - and be aware that this seat (like all the exit-row seats, except for those on former TWA aircraft) has the tray-table in the armrest, which makes the seat feel much narrower.
Old Mar 10, 04, 11:43 pm
LLZ

If you look at the seatmap on aa.com (our planes-&gt;seatmaps) row 17 has the second set of arrows on it so it appears to be the 2nd row.

However, I pulled out an old boarding pass and it indeed is 18 and obviously shows up differently when booking, as that's how I selected the seat. Sorry for the mixup.
Old Mar 11, 04, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Be careful with ex-TWA 757's. Exit row is: 8ABC, 7DE, 25 (9/17/18 are NOT exit rows). 8F is also a gem on this plane.
Old Mar 11, 04, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LLZ:
If you look at the seatmap on aa.com (our planes-&gt;seatmaps) row 17 has the second set of arrows on it so it appears to be the 2nd row.

However, I pulled out an old boarding pass and it indeed is 18 and obviously shows up differently when booking, as that's how I selected the seat. Sorry for the mixup.
</font>

17 is the FIRST exit row post MRTC

Search this Thread