Plan Ahead To OGG

Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Plan Ahead To OGG

I would like to book 2 coach award seats from MSN to OGG next year perhaps in February or March. How far in advance can I try to get seats? Am I waisting my time trying to get award seats to Maui or is it possible?

Thanks,
Mark

------------------
www.chefknivestogo.com
Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:47 am

It's certainly possible, although OGG is a popular destination. Award seats open up 330 days in advance, so you could call now and ask for seats for early February.

Good luck!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:34 am

I know OGG is not HNL, but I logged into AA.com 330 days from my HNL return on 12/30 for 2 coach awards. I got non-stop both ways. OGG was available too at that time as I considered that too. That should be encouraging considering my travel dates of 12/23 to 12/30 are popular holiday frequent flyer times.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:09 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
I say it is not much of a problem this is AA
and I can tell you that I use awards to OGG and have very little problems. I book First tickets and coach tickets. I book around 6 months ahead and have never had any problems from dfw.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've done both OGG and KOA on AA without problems. Got PlanAAhead both times - once in J with the old P100JJJ award (that was a nice one!) and once in coach. We had 6 months lead time on one of the trips, and only 2 months lead time on the other one. Route choices were limited on the 2 month lead time trip, but we got there on the day we wanted, so we were happy...

We do our Hawaii trips in the summer - it might be harder to get seats from the mainland during the cold winter months. But from everything I've read, AA is much better than UA for seats to Hawaii.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:08 pm

I booked 3 coach seats to OGG last year about 6 months in advance. We travelled in October. I had no problems flying mid-week. But weekend dates were booked.

Wantok
Old Mar 10, 2004, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT (1MM); SPG GLD
I booked 3 coach seats SJC-OGG for Apr 2-12 of this year in late October 2003 (5 months, 6 days out). Not a problem.

Heck, you can still book the same trip for Apr 18-25 2004 (random dates picked out of the air).
Old Mar 10, 2004, 3:32 pm
CMW

You should be able to get weekend dates if you start calling now. I was able to get 2 F tix for April 2004 when I called in May 2003. I booked into HNL and out of OGG departing on a Sat,returning the following Sunday no problem. I got the dates I asked for but it always pays to be flexible on your dates if you can.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 5:25 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
I booked four tickets with one week notice for my sons in August, ORD-OGG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.