Search

Booking 'reserved' Main Cabin Extra seats for non-elite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Booking 'reserved' Main Cabin Extra seats for non-elite

Hello all!

I had a question regarding Main Cabin Extra seats and separate PNRs. My fiancé and I have a trip booked but are actually on two separate PNRs (originally I wasn't going to be able to go, so she booked it on her own, then I booked my ticket later). While she has no status, I am platinum and therefore seeing the reserved MCE seats that are put aside for elites and full fare tickets that she cannot see when selecting the 'choose seats' option.

Does anyone have experience with AA allowing me to reserve one of these "reserved for elites" seats for her? I assume AA won't combine the PNR's to extend my benefits to her, but can they reserve these seats for her on their end if she has no status?

Appreciate any feedback!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
If you just give them a call and give them her PNR you can tell them what seats you would like her to have in MCE. I do it all the time for coworkers.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thumbs up

I also have had no problem calling in and getting my family in MCE when we're traveling on the same itin, but separate tickets. This did not hold true for preferred seating on Air Berlin, but YMMV perhaps? Don't know if this was an individual rep's knowledge, or firm policy, but didn't care enough to HUCA.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I did this twice last year for my daughter. The first time it was no problem. The second time it was also no problem, but the agent insisted on charging the $25 phone fee. (to add insult to injury, that flight was later canceled by AA, and when I called to get the $25 refunded I was told "we never refund that." Escalation to a supervisor was necessary to get the refund)
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
A quick call to the EXP desk and I have always been able to get family into MCE at no cost. Sometimes on same PNR and sometimes on different ones. Did it for a total of 5 of us this last summer even on three different reservations. Never had them question it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.