Opening times check-in Lima (Business Class)

Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Opening times check-in Lima (Business Class)

Could someone please tell me the opening times of the check-in desks of AA at Lima airport (in particular the Business class check-in)?

The reason for asking is that on the 27th of Jan I will arrive at 10:30pm from UIO with Lan Peru, and on the 28th at 9:30am I have my flight to Miami. I did contact LAN to see if they would be able to tag my luggage straight through cause then I don't need to enter Peru at all, but they were extremely vague about it.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
I've done an overnight connection at LIM with LAN before and you should be able to check the baggage all the way through.

AA has flights out of LIM at about midnight and 3 am also so if LAN for some reason couldn't tag your bag the whole way, you can go airside and there will be someone at the counter - YMMV if they will take it that early. Otherwise the counter should be open at T-3 hours to departure.

As long as the whole itinerary is booked together under one reservation you should be fine - they would tag the bag all the way to MIA at UIO.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
I did contact LAN to see if they would be able to tag my luggage straight through cause then I don't need to enter Peru at all, but they were extremely vague about it.
That's just LAN's typical quality service in action. In the seven years I've lived in Chile and flown LAN on one PNR "connecting" to a separate AA flight/reservation in both directions (via EZE, LIM, GRU) I have always been able to check my luggage all the way through. You shouldn't have any problems.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you very much, I am happy to read that. Obviously I have to pick up my luggage if they cannot tag it all through, but it sounds like I can in UIO. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.