Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask etc. brag (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask etc. brag (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2007, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by pushback
As a lowly Plat about to requalify for lowly Plat on segments this week, I am curious. Is qualifying for EXP kinda like making your first $million in that once you've done it the first time the subsequent times are easier? It would seem that at least you get to do most of your requalifying mileage runs in F anyway. That right there would seem to help.
That does help, also the 8 VIP certificates to upgrade on cheap international flights helps a lot.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vasantn

My question was: Do PLTs not get mixed nuts in F? Why does one have to be on the threshold of EXP status to be close enough to [almost] taste them?

Inquiring minds want to know.
My statement was more mirroring the fact that EXP get a much higher percentage of upgrades. In the past couple months, I have been close but no cigar sitting in 20D, and being first on the list for UG... only to watch a EXP take an earlier flight and get me at the last moment
Old Oct 21, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
My statement was more mirroring the fact that EXP get a much higher percentage of upgrades. In the past couple months, I have been close but no cigar sitting in 20D, and being first on the list for UG... only to watch a EXP take an earlier flight and get me at the last moment
82 segments YTD will have 100 end of NOV! I feel your pain # 1 only to have a EXP walk up and stuck in Y. 2008 not anymore
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
My statement was more mirroring the fact that EXP get a much higher percentage of upgrades.
Still working for many of us. I've just cleared another 4 upgrades for Tuesday, and that brings me up to 50 mainline domestic flights this year sitting up front.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Marriott Platinum
Finally made it!!! Hit 100,154 EQP on trip out to Chicago this past Sunday. The gal that sat next to me on that flight had hit EXP, as well, by flying her 100th segment.

Now I get to call and get the banner updated for all my existing reservations... fun stuff.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
As of this Sunday, 100,810 miles, first time EXP, with perhaps another short flight this year.

Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Just hit EXP with GB Airways flight from LHR to Marrakesh posting in lightning speed!! Flew it on Friday, and it posted on Monday. Pretty sure AA flights don´t post so fast. Put me in a great mood, as I was a total sourpuss as of a few minutes ago, getting off an Iberia flight from Marrakesh to Madrid. Turns out it was a codeshare flight with Atlas Blue, the LCC of Morocco. At 6´ tall, my knees wheren´t just touching the seat in front of me, they were digging into it. I was not happy. But now, being EXP has made the world a better place to be in. That, or the 3 mini cavas I´v just topped off in the lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines
First time EXP (woo hoo) - Now what???

--I will make EXP on my very next outbound leg (TUS-SCL).

--I know you get 8 system wide upgrades. How does one request them as opposed to using stickers?

--On the return leg I will be a newly minted EXP (can I get an Oh yeah???), assuming it updates. Your experience on getting an upgrade SCL-MIA-DFW-TUS???

--Probably old hat for you guys, but I'm psyched!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:24 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
What now? This gets moved to the existing thread for people who want to announce that they've attained status. That's what

(And, yes, these sorts of posts are, indeed, old hat.)

Cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines
No soup for me
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by heyjoe63

--On the return leg I will be a newly minted EXP (can I get an Oh yeah???), assuming it updates. Your experience on getting an upgrade SCL-MIA-DFW-TUS???
If the miles points prior to departure, you should call AA and have them update your PNR to reflect your new status. This will improve your upgrade chances.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 6:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by heyjoe63
... Now what?
Post on FT, apparently.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
Originally Posted by bdemaria
If the miles points prior to departure, you should call AA and have them update your PNR to reflect your new status. This will improve your upgrade chances.
Is the PNR really able to be updated that quickly over the phone? I'm about to face the same situation, flying on a Thursday and crossing 100K, and having another flight the immediately following Sunday--and I guess I'd resigned myself to not being able to do much to increase my upgrade chances, what with only one business day in between.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 7:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It can.

Originally Posted by badah
Is the PNR really able to be updated that quickly over the phone? I'm about to face the same situation, flying on a Thursday and crossing 100K, and having another flight the immediately following Sunday--and I guess I'd resigned myself to not being able to do much to increase my upgrade chances, what with only one business day in between.
Congratulations, heyjoe63!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
Fantastic. Many thanks JDiver!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.