Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
AA47 LHR-ORD 1st class

I picked the cod and the mocha sundae:

The light meal salad and there was also Lily O'Brien chocolates just before landing:
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
EZE to MIA on 11/7 Business Class - sorry not poictures

Starter was two pieces of Prosciutto and one slice of salami with "grilled vegetables" which consisted of 1 piece of red pepper, one piece of yellow pepper and two dime sized pieces of zucchini. Not as good as past appetizers; in fact pretty sad overall.

Salad was a PATHETIC mix of mostly chopped iceburg with one piece of rediccio and three wedges of tomato. The salad looked as if it had been made days before with slight discoloration at the edges of each piece of lettuce where the had been chopped. Tomato was tasteless. Had a few bites to try but left the majority.

Pre ordereed the salmon and rice which was acceptable - not great by any means.

Dessert was a sundae - THANK YOU AA. It was by far the best part of the meal.

Second service was choice of either a ham and cheese pizza or a vegetable pizza. The pizza came with some fruit and two chocolates in a box. Pizza is a dish that people have so many different opiniopns on that it would be impossible to make everyone happy. The crust was medium thickness and doughier that I like but as I said, that is a personal opinion. It was certainly acceptable. In fact, the presentation was better than the main in my opinion.

I have flown this route many times before and do not ever remember a salad and appetizer as sad as these. This was only one flight so could have been an anomoly. I will be doing it again in January so will look to see if this is an abberation or a permanent downgrade.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Had the Chicken Tikka Masala last week in J and was very satisfied - perfect portion size and relatively fresh
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Overall, another good meAAl on American. This was the first time I've flown on the ICN flights, so I was happy to see that they were offering Bibimbap. Though it would have been nice if they'd had offered more beef with the dish, it was still a excellent choice.
That's an understatement, FriendlySkies!

The amount of beef in the bibimbap is laughable, unless there was some hiding under the rice.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by cmd320
That would be good to confirm before I go on an SWU burning spree for the next 4 months. I'm not going to waste SWUs on flights with a rushed service.
Wait, really? You're going to decide whether to burn an SWU from JFK to LHR based on whether or not the flight has an express meal service?

As someone who is a frequent traveler on the route, my complaint is that they didn't streamline the service enough so that it could be done even faster.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'm pretty sure it's all the shorter overnight flights from JFK. DUB too I think.

I hope I'm wrong though!
Which cabin?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Which cabin?
Business is the only cabin where this changed. Like BA which does Sleeper Service for its J passengers (which I love) but maintains all options for F, the same is true in AA F. Y is the same crap its always been.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by lmwong1977
(ORD-LHR trip report/pictures)
Wait, what happened to the three menu booklets being passed out in Int'l First? There were three menus: courses, dessert, and wines/alcohol. Did they change this recently and condense everything into one printed menu for First?

Also, four choices? I could be wrong, but thought Int'l First got five choices, with Business getting four?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
Wait, really? You're going to decide whether to burn an SWU from JFK to LHR based on whether or not the flight has an express meal service?

As someone who is a frequent traveler on the route, my complaint is that they didn't streamline the service enough so that it could be done even faster.
Absolutely. To be honest, eastbound flights in the winter are so short anyway that it almost isn't worth an SWU at all. If the FA is just going to start dropping the tray with everything and scampering back to the galley I can have a similar experience ( albeit with downgraded catering ) in MCE.

I don't understand why they can't offer an express option the way DL does rather than just making the whole sevice express. Some of us have no intention of getting any meaningful sleep on a 6 hour eastbound TATL anyway.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
There was a separate wine menu but I don't drink so I didn't take pictures of it. This was on a non-retrofitted 772 scheduled noon-ish flight on 10/24 if that makes any difference.

I haven't flown AA in a few years (and that was just domestic) so no clue on what the menus were before.

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Wait, what happened to the three menu booklets being passed out in Int'l First? There were three menus: courses, dessert, and wines/alcohol. Did they change this recently and condense everything into one printed menu for First?

Also, four choices? I could be wrong, but thought Int'l First got five choices, with Business getting four?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cmd320
Absolutely. To be honest, eastbound flights in the winter are so short anyway that it almost isn't worth an SWU at all. If the FA is just going to start dropping the tray with everything and scampering back to the galley I can have a similar experience ( albeit with downgraded catering ) in MCE.

I don't understand why they can't offer an express option the way DL does rather than just making the whole sevice express. Some of us have no intention of getting any meaningful sleep on a 6 hour eastbound TATL anyway.
Agreed it should be an OPTION not the only available service.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Overall, a pretty good AA meal. Didn't seem as though it had been hit by the Douggie changes. I've got another AA J trip next week, so it'll be interesting to see if anything has changed.
Unfortunately, IFS meals were "streamlined" effective November 1, its the same USAIR china used on domestic. The salads and appetizers are much smaller and served and the entrees come in the same domestic casserole square dishes. Sundaes are now much smaller and served in the tumbler glasses and consist of two small melon scoop size scoops of ice cream, but he same topping choices remain.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Unfortunately, IFS meals were "streamlined" effective November 1, its the same USAIR china used on domestic. The salads and appetizers are much smaller and served and the entrees come in the same domestic casserole square dishes. Sundaes are now much smaller and served in the tumbler glasses and consist of two small melon scoop size scoops of ice cream, but he same topping choices remain.
Really? International dishes has been square for over a year now, so that part isn't new. Sundaes/sludges, IIRC, were served in tumblers in J, but not in F (goblets in F), but I believe 2-class J gets sundaes in the goblets.

We need pictures. It looks like the most recent pictures are from F only for this month, nothing in J. Can anyone give more recent reports with pictures? There was also a report of sundaes being served in J for South America flights, being the 'best part' of the meal (and this was for November) so... that may be a good sign?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Really? International dishes has been square for over a year now, so that part isn't new. Sundaes/sludges, IIRC, were served in tumblers in J, but not in F (goblets in F), but I believe 2-class J gets sundaes in the goblets.

We need pictures. It looks like the most recent pictures are from F only for this month, nothing in J. Can anyone give more recent reports with pictures? There was also a report of sundaes being served in J for South America flights, being the 'best part' of the meal (and this was for November) so... that may be a good sign?
No it's different from the square dishware AA added as part of the late 2012 enhancements which have now been rolled back. Several of my plates had the USAIR flag logo, it is NOT the same dishware from pre 11/1..

Credit to LAXTraveler:

http://instagram.com/p/vIIUrJHKnz/

http://instagram.com/p/vI3NQoHKtk/
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
F or J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.