Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Moderator guidepost instructions: moderators can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki).

N.B. These older posts have been archived from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/812977-aa-com-website-down-glitch-glitches-bug-fix-reports-more-consolidated.html

AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Lot's of 'pending transaction update' messages in my transaction history as well.

Something else: the application to follow-up your submitted retroactive credit requests has been down for several days now: https://aadvantage.aa.com/partnermil...?dispatch=show
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
IIRC, the mileage summary used to sort in descending order. Now it sorts ascending by date.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by bruins014
no. ex-MNL has special conditions for purchase
Wow! You know your stuff. Cool
Why the special stuff? Do you know the rules or is it people just have to call in?

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by vasantn
All through this debacle, we have had zero problems with our accounts (group of 5). No pending or missing transactions, no incorrect statuses, no login issues, nothing. They must Know Who We Are!...
If you had done a search, you'd know that such minor slip-ups, like forgetting to mess up a few accounts, do happen.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by AATrout
I can’t book anything. Paid travel anywhere. Get the constant loop...."The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.” and if I pick the alternate itinerary it sends me back to the first one. ... ?
Had the same issue. Very frustrating.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by vrbaba
I now wish I saved those AA Summary Emails and/or monthly statements. Looking at my account, I have no idea ... is going on, plus redeeming and canceling bunch of awards recently I have lost track of my mileage balance. So, I log in to sort it all out and saw the Trasaction pending, miles redeemed and reinstated don't add up, etc.

At least my status never changed. Not sure how to reconcile now - any ideas? All paid flights seem to have been posted properly as I track those for EQM purposes.
Total is back to what was expected - over 300k was missing

I really believe it's time to burn before the devaluation kicks in before/after the merger.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Total is back to what was expected - over 300k was missing

I really believe it's time to burn before the devaluation kicks in before/after the merger.
is anyone stopping you?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by zznoname
Wow! You know your stuff. Cool
Why the special stuff? Do you know the rules or is it people just have to call in?

Thanks for the heads up.
There's an extensive thread on this subject with a pretty good write-up:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ilippines.html
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by bruins014
is anyone stopping you?
Who said I am stopping?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by GITU
I still can't login to the website. Said login isn't recognized. Is anyone having this issue, this far after the upgrade? What should I do?
I'm having this issue - Forgot My Password option isn't working either...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Remember, AA is rolling out the Ventana update - expect glitches and missing bits and pieces from time to time until this thing is stabilized. This has been mentioned in other threads as well as on travelingbetter.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ohh I have 329 miles as "Transaction Pending". I think it's my AA Citi Mastercard miles but who knows?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AA PLT
As of this morning all my trips seem to have finally updated on AA.com. Now to burn those miles.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
There's an extensive thread on this subject with a pretty good write-up:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ilippines.html
MNL ticketing needs it's own thread. that's a chore.
Thank you. There's so many nooks and crannies at FT.
Appreciate your help.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Some still remaining "glitches"

- "Miles Needed to Earn Elite Upgrades" still has not updated to reflect flights from 11/15-17 (6 segments, ~10k EQM).
- Status still incorrectly lists GLD when it should be PLT (likely because the EQMs haven't fully posted, even though RDMs are accurate, with the exception of PLT elite bonus earned on the flight that took me to PLT and subsequent flight)
- Miles from credit card signup bonus is nonexistent. Should have posted over a week ago, since the statement period closed 11/15
- Mileage from CC spend from pre-update listed as a "Transaction Pending"

Also noticed that my account lists my last activity as 11/12, even though I flew on 11/17. The update still has a long way to go.

Last edited by bhamsan01; Nov 25, 2013 at 11:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.