Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Moderator guidepost instructions: moderators can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki).

N.B. These older posts have been archived from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/812977-aa-com-website-down-glitch-glitches-bug-fix-reports-more-consolidated.html

AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vasantn
Amazon does. Expedia does if you ask it to.
And I'm sure there are dozens of other examples as well. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't want them to. I always sign out of Amazon when I'm done.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: AA-plt
Originally Posted by 7Continents
^ Amen to this poster - I challenge anyone to try anything other than a simple round trip on AA.com and then do the same thing on DL,UA,CO,US or NW and you will likely see that for the basic things that matter to us frequent travelers, AA is the best website for pure functionality. CO may be faster but nowhere else can you do multi trip itins, mix cabins and check other airlines (not comprehensively but yes, you can get something...) as well as on AA. I too will forgo a slick look for getting the job done. I also use the back icon on the page rather than the back button on my web browser and rarely lose what I'm doing.
IST_flyer has a point, AA as a whole has bigger issues to worry about, but they have other people to deal with that. I'm sure their IT dept is not involved much with sales, RM, etc...They can however tweak and improve their website.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:37 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kebosabi
3. Fix the calendar issue, it really is thta annoying
Your wish is their command.

Check out the new calendar ^
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by LRD

Finally! And I like the fact that it's part of the browser window instead of a separate window. On my two monitor setup, the calendar window would always show up on monitor 1, even if I had the main browser open on monitor 2
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
While i agree AA's site isn't pretty i find it extremely functional for what i use it for and great for finding long winded mileage runs, etc.

I havnt used much of other airlines site's bar BD and VS and i find AA to be better than those two.

I just wish you could search for specific fare codes.

Chris
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LRD

Yep, I noticed that too as I was booking a trip to use on AADER! I guess AA is really reading our posts.

I hope the next one is award bookings on partner airlines!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:03 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by LRD

It's much better with the rollover highlights and indicators of selected dates. I still wish they'd add a list of months at the top to make it easier to jump directly to the one you want, but this is a definite improvement. ^
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.8MM, Skyward, SPG Gold
WOW, they really did it. Their calendar feature went from 1998-2008. That was one of my biggest pet peeves in the AA website. They must have read this thread. ^
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
AA.COM Calendar Fixed!

The long awaited aa.com calendar fix seems to be implemented. Logged onto aa.com, set the date of departure to July 2 and when I clicked on the calendar for the return date, the month of July came up. This makes me very happy.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by wdwright
The long awaited aa.com calendar fix seems to be implemented. Logged onto aa.com, set the date of departure to July 2 and when I clicked on the calendar for the return date, the month of July came up. This makes me very happy.
Not so much of a fix, it's a new calendar. No longer a pop-up, it's a pop.. in?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by nova474

Yes. the look is entirely different, quite readable, and very welcome.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 1:05 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Yes. the look is entirely different, quite readable, and very welcome.
I'm really happy with the upgrade to the site. With the fixed calendar, the book by price and schedule option, the ability to hold a reservation, the improved award booking tool; AA.com remains the best website for any NA carrier.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UA
Originally Posted by nova474
It's a smarter, cleaner popup. Long over due and I'm happy to see it. It's the small things that make the difference.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
^^^^

The calendar bug drove me nuts. The fix is very welcome!!!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: AA GLD,DL,UA
Originally Posted by cordata
777 seatmap has been broken for a couple of weeks.
Would be nice to get fixed.
Expert Flyer helps here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.