Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Cathay Pacific / CX (inc. First and Business Class) award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
These are older, archived posts from the original thread: Cathay Pacific / CX (inc. First and Business Class) award - questions, availability
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Cathay Pacific / CX (inc. First and Business Class) award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I've found they don't show unless you manually put in the PNR, though they don't save. I made some reservations today, they don't show. Also, best to get CX PNR so you can manage seat assignments and use OLCI. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply! I got the PNR number, but since we're >180 days out, I can choose my seat (as AA PLT), but my wife can't, except for 2D. I can bring up the AA record, but it doesn't save, as you noted. Looks like I'll have to keep my confirmation emails handy (not like I don't already though).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by bhamsan01
Thanks for the reply! I got the PNR number, but since we're >180 days out, I can choose my seat (as AA PLT), but my wife can't, except for 2D. I can bring up the AA record, but it doesn't save, as you noted. Looks like I'll have to keep my confirmation emails handy (not like I don't already though).
If you call CX (or try their site) you should be able to assign seats. We routinely book 11 months out and never have a problem. As a general rule, once AA has ticketed you, all future correspondences should be with CX (seats, checking in, etc) except for itinerary changes.

Note that on the 77W, CX holds several seats back, 2A and 2K for example. Sometimes agents will override this via the phone, but not always. Last yr, we had 4F reservations (out of six seats) yet couldn't get seats assigned until we got to the airport, even though seats 1A and 1K had been assigned to the other 2 passengers. I guess they had to hold the bassinet seats in case the person in seat 1A unexpectedly gave birth on the way to the airport?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: A few
I didn't. The poster did. Some of us try to help, others parade their knowledge.
Or alleged knowledge, as often the case is
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
If you call CX (or try their site) you should be able to assign seats. We routinely book 11 months out and never have a problem. As a general rule, once AA has ticketed you, all future correspondences should be with CX (seats, checking in, etc) except for itinerary changes.

Note that on the 77W, CX holds several seats back, 2A and 2K for example. Sometimes agents will override this via the phone, but not always. Last yr, we had 4F reservations (out of six seats) yet couldn't get seats assigned until we got to the airport, even though seats 1A and 1K had been assigned to the other 2 passengers. I guess they had to hold the bassinet seats in case the person in seat 1A unexpectedly gave birth on the way to the airport?
Thanks, good info! I got the CX PNR number, so I can access my itinerary on the CX website. We are the only 2 in F as of now. I can choose either seats 1ADK or 2D as an AA PLT, while my wife can only choose 2AD as a non status flyer. I selected 1A and left her selection empty, as I'd like to get her seat 2A. I'll try calling around the 180 day mark (maybe slightly less, to give it time) and see what CX will do. I recall reading previously that having the agent place a note on the reservation that I would gladly move my seat should someone with a bassinet need 2A, I should be able to reserve 2A.

Knowing my luck, the load on my flight will be 8/6, with 2 of the passengers non even old enough to crawl yet.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please note: this thread is an ARCHIVE of 2009-2013 posts (including conversations originating in 2013 and spilling over into the beginning of 2014) on this subject. The current thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ilability.html.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.