Harmonica playing pilot

Old Feb 26, 2004, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Harmonica playing pilot

had this guy yesterday afternoon from ORD - BDL. He was hysterical. Played us a tune over the intercom while they were waiting for pushback.

Called the MD-80 a "$40 million dollar mobile home."
Old Feb 26, 2004, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Did he play Kumbaya? Amazing Grace?

Old Feb 26, 2004, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Leaving On a Jet Plane....maybe
Old Feb 26, 2004, 9:46 am

Or maybe Onward Christian Soldiers?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rpmkwpw:
Did he play Kumbaya? Amazing Grace?

</font>
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikeMargolis:
had this guy yesterday afternoon from ORD - BDL. He was hysterical. Played us a tune over the intercom while they were waiting for pushback.</font>
Was it Captain JC by any chance? I was on a flight in Nov DFW-ORD where he did this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/019217.html
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:32 am
Suspended

Gives me visions of Charles Bronson's character from Once Upon a Time in the West. I like it.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:59 am

Had him on ORD-New Orleans....perfect route for that guy!

After my initial shock of an AA flight with humor I enjoyed it.

The whole plane was claping along too!
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:39 pm

I had the pleasure of being flown today on AA#2340 DFW-ORD by Capt JC Doer(sp). Not only did he preface the flight prior to pushback with a lovely little harmonicAA ditty, but he was truly informative during the one hour we sat on the runway waiting for the ATC to clear us a result of thunderstorms @ ORD.
Beat throwing out peanuts by some LCC by AA mile.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:55 pm

as long as he did not send out an FA when he was done with his captains hat soliciting donations i think that it was a nice way to pass the time while waiting to take off
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:43 pm

At first I thought it was "Choo-Choo Charlie" that you were referring to. Then I realized it was domestic and it was a harmonica and not a train whistle.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Great story.

I remember several year back (April 1995, I think) on an AA 727 flight from GCM to MIA having a lead FA sing us a goodbye song to the tune of the the Christmas song that goes "although it's been said, many times, many ways, Merry Christmas," instead he substituted "Merry Christmas" for "Have a Great Day."

Little things like this stick in your mind for quite a while and generate untold goodwill for the airline.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Years ago, I had a captain who made all announcements as if he were driving a stagecoach, not piloting an airplane. When we landed and began reverse thrusts, you could hear him saying "whoa" over the intercome.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:47 pm

I have heard "Whoa big boy" from a WN FA on landing at LAX after a SJC-LAX flight.

Better yet was the WN FA that said, "If we land on water, you know what we mean, just put on your life jackets and paddle for the shore. We will be right behind you with the peanuts!"

And before I get comments saying, this not the WN board , an AA FA on a PIT-DFW flight in May said, "Welcome to AA flight # something-or-the-other with non-stop service to Dallas and Fort Worth"

Makes for memorable moments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.