Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Citicard Free Checked Bag Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Question about Citicard Free Checked Bag Benefit

So I took a flight from LGA-LIR via MIA, and I only recently read the terms of the free bag benefit with my AA Platinum Citicard and it seems to just include domestic destinations. I have no AA status. However, on my way there at LGA I presented my card and they waived the free. On the way back I actually had 1 flight in First (The MIA-LGA leg) but the agent in LIR didn't notice it and charged me $25, which the Admirals club agent at MIA told me just to dispute. However, I wanted to know what the official policy is for international flights where they charge for first bag (Caribbean, Central America, etc) so I know better for next time. Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

The "official policy" about what? You've discovered the official policy about the credit card: It only gives you a free checked bag on domestic flights operated by AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.