Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who to fly in 2015? US East Coast - China

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:41 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life

I'm at a decision point of whether to use AA or UA for a premium class ticket from the East Coast to PVG or PEK (china) in the next 30 days

I would have gone on AA but UA seems to have shaved well over a $1000 off their lowest first class fare compared to AA (they are about the same for business)

Any chance that I can find a comparable priced first class ticket on AA?

Is either one of these carriers offering any increased FF mile-accrual-specials to entice premium paying passengers in the next 30 days?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Even if you did, I would probably stick with UA. These days UA F > AA F IMO.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:23 pm
Suspended

...Is either one of these carriers offering any increased FF mile-accrual-specials to entice premium paying passengers in the next 30 days?
https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aadvantage-currency.jsp

still would take CX though
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
still would take CX though
Indeed. If CX is an option for you (or JL for that matter) I would certainly take them over AA or UA.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:47 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Where on the East Coast will you be flying out of?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I'm at a decision point of whether to use AA or UA for a premium class ticket from the East Coast to PVG or PEK (china) in the next 30 days

I would have gone on AA but UA seems to have shaved well over a $1000 off their lowest first class fare compared to AA (they are about the same for business)

Is either one of these carriers offering any increased FF mile-accrual-specials to entice premium paying passengers in the next 30 days?
If you're paying for a premium ticket, I definitely would take any Asian carrier over any US carrier up to a 20% difference and just credit the miles accordingly to UA/AA/DL. If you're heading to PEK, then Air China is pretty much a no brainer for the direct flight.. check out their First class cabin on the 77w.

If you're willing to do biz class, I would say the products on CX and BR > F on UA/AA/DL.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
Originally Posted by JonNYC
CX or JK out of NYC---all day long. 1 year ago I'd say AA....now you just can't give US airlines your money.

Cheers,
AA777
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:38 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
If you're paying for a premium ticket, I definitely would take any Asian carrier over any US carrier
I don't believe we're on the same page

I certainly agree about using an asian carrier for service. But, one does have to look at the differences in price as published today.

Neither the client nor my own pocketbook for upgrading can ignore the significantly lower fares in Business or First published for mid-week departures on AA, DL or UA

One poster asked what city on the East coast i would depart.

This was not important to me since since it was relatively easy to use a feeder flight to where the service/airline was best.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:58 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

I think where you are connecting from IS important actually:
Mainline vs. RJs on your connecting domestic flight should be considered. IAD and EWR are awful compared to PHL and JFK.
Lounge options are also a consideration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.