Aadvantage Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Aadvantage Credit Card

can someone tell me what credit card this is now? Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
American Airlines and US Airways still continue to operate as separate carriers under the same, merged parent company. Until both operate as a single airline, questions about each individual airline's products, services, frequent flyer program, etc. should go in their respective pre-merger forum.

For now, the consolidated forum is for discussion about merged operations, etc.

As this question relates to the legacy American Airlines' product, the question is being moved to that forum.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by ynk50
can someone tell me what credit card this is now? Thanks
it appears to be a Citi AAdvantage MasterCard. Was this a trick question ?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
It's the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Platinum SelectŽ MasterCardŽ.

It has a new look:

Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
it appears to be a Citi AAdvantage MasterCard. Was this a trick question ?
I thought it was the AA Executive World Elite Mastercard with $450 annual fee and AA lounge access
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:23 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I thought it was the AA Executive World Elite Mastercard with $450 annual fee and AA lounge access
No, the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World EliteTM MasterCardŽ is separate and distinct from the Platinum Select.

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Except that the Plat Select World card (non-Exec) card used to have two levels - "Regular" and Elite. Do both still exist in the new branding? (They both have the $95 fee and almost identical benefits - just concierge or something on the Elite version. And the cooler silver MC logo - apparently gone from all the new cards.) IIRC there was a recent thread about the cards all being reissued to the Elite type before this newest change.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Except that the Plat Select World card (non-Exec) card used to have two levels - "Regular" and Elite. Do both still exist in the new branding? (They both have the $95 fee and almost identical benefits - just concierge or something on the Elite version. And the cooler silver MC logo - apparently gone from all the new cards.) IIRC there was a recent thread about the cards all being reissued to the Elite type before this newest change.
The logo is on the back of the new cards, along with the card number and exp date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.