Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Have old AA amenity kit (old Burt's Bees body lotion) for skin condition help?

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 15, 15, 7:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE:

N?B. As we've not heard from the OP replying to our query, this thread is closed until further notice. Thank you for your help.

We recommend securing full details and agreeing how shipment ought to be done, to avoid any misunderstandings.

Who will pay for shipment, what is the preferred method?

How should the packet be declared for insurance and customs value?
Depending upon origin and destination, value declarations may incur postal and customs delays and high, unexpected customs duties for release (or packet may be returned to sender).

Ask - it may be best to ship a few of these items, as they were given free by the airline, as "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE", "GIFT / CADEAU").

thank you.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 5, 14, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld

I recently burnt my right hand severly (2nd degree burns top-to-bottom) and have to put lotion on it several times/day.
I had skin issues in the past and the only lotion that really helps (most make it worse) is the Burt's Bees Milk & Honey that was in the American Airlines amenity kit for several years. Sadly a few years ago they decided to switch brands and my supply (which normally would have lasted for years) is running low now because I need to apply it so often.

The bottles look like this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-3-BUR...item43d3c0f1eb

So the big question : does anyone still have any of the body lotion from Burt's Bees (the Milk & Honey one, the Aloe & Buttermilk sadly gives me a rash) ? If so, please let me know if you're willing to part with it.

Thanks so much !

EDIT : Forgot to mention : Burt's Bees have changed the formula of their product. The changed formula causes my skin to rash and even blister. Apparently a lot of people have complained, but they won't change the formula back.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 10, 14 at 6:00 pm Reason: Insert larger image of product desired
Old Dec 5, 14, 12:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I wish I could help.

I do see the product available from eBay and Amazon.

Good luck and speedy recovery.
Old Dec 5, 14, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, added description about the changed formula in my original post. I forgot to mention that.
Old Dec 5, 14, 12:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

I'd still check eBay and ask the seller if it's new or old formulation.

Is there a way for someone such as myself to tell the formulations apart?
Old Dec 5, 14, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP;Life time PLT; HH Diamond
Checking...

Should have, will check...
Old Dec 5, 14, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
I'd still check eBay and ask the seller if it's new or old formulation.

Is there a way for someone such as myself to tell the formulations apart?
The bottles that look like this are the old, good formula :

These are the new formula :http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits...&sh=303&sm=fit

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 5, 14 at 11:29 pm Reason: Add image linking
Old Dec 5, 14, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sorry to hear about your hand. I've had a dig around in my stash of amenity kits and have 4 of the old style bottles. Happy to ship them to Belgium for you. Please PM if interested.
Old Dec 5, 14, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; HTC6525LVW Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.27 Mobile Safari/537.36)

How many do you need? I probably have some here on London
Old Dec 5, 14, 5:13 pm

Outstanding help for a FlyerTalker in need!
Old Dec 5, 14, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Wow super, thanks everyone. With winter arriving, I'm going through 1 bottle every 2 weeks or so. My own supply is down to 2 :-(

Hopefully by summer my skin should be somewhat back to normal...

I will PM anyone who has bottles left.
Thanks again !
Old Dec 5, 14, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, MM
I've got 2 that I could send you. Not sure what a PM is, but I'd be more than happy to send them to wherever you are. Having had 3rd degree burns on my legs, I can so appreciate the pain you're going through.
Old Dec 5, 14, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swisshiker View Post
Not sure what a PM is,.
Private Message. Click on wimrunner name. Then click the "private message"
Old Dec 6, 14, 8:19 am

Wow, what a community! I donate most of my amenity kits (and extra soap/shampoo from hotel stays) to a shelter near where I live. Thus I don't have any lotion to offer the OP, but wanted to share my appreciation for those who did.
Old Dec 6, 14, 8:30 am

Programs: AA PLT
I have one, but when I went to check it, to my dismay, the one I have is the Aloe & Buttermilk one.

Hope you manage to get at least enough to last you through the winter!
Old Dec 6, 14, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer View Post
Wow, what a community! I donate most of my amenity kits (and extra soap/shampoo from hotel stays) to a shelter near where I live. Thus I don't have any lotion to offer the OP, but wanted to share my appreciation for those who did.
ditto, thanks to all you FTers who are helping wimrunner.
My wife donated all of our older kits to our local women's shelter. We still have 12+ of the newer ones, I looked in a couple of different ones, but they don't have the Burts Bees stuff in them, sorry.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: