Wiki Posts
Search

Any AC/AP Refugees from YVR here?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Any AC/AP Refugees from YVR here?

I fly out of YVR and I'm seriously considering leaving AC/AP for AA. I typically fly 100-115k miles per year. My most frequent destinations are IAH, ABZ (via LHR), SIN and GIG. I also travel to SHA and PER occasionally. I think I would miss the direct flight to IAH.

I'm wondering if there are any AC/AP refugees from YVR who made the switch. I'm interested to know why you selected AA (as opposed to UA or Delta) and also how it has worked out for you.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some linked threads in posts 2 / 3 here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
You are not the first refugee
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Maintaining status on AA is difficult

As a long-time (12+ year) EXP member, I've found that after relocating to YVR, maintaining top-tier status is difficult and there's limited upgrade availability given the AA schedule.

You may want to map out a sample travel year and calculate the connections, partners airlines, aircraft types and travel times. Once I realized that I was only benefiting from upgrades on about 15% of my 85 segments (by flying a lot on BA, AS and US) I decided not to push for EXP again this year and am considering BA or AS as my next FF top-tier target.

Good luck!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Thanks for the replies. I spent some time on the oneworld website looking at the destinations I can fly on AA/US from YVR. I'm disappointed to see the only non-stops are DFW, LAX and PHX, with codeshares to NRT and LHR.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Don't forget that CX has a 1x daily to HKG for your SIN flight, and EXP gives you Wing First Class lounge access even when flying in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.