Online bookings

Old Jan 26, 04, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Online bookings

I read in a recent post someone had recommended buying 1 leg of a rt in B/C. Can you buy two different classes for the same rt reservation online, or do you have to call in? Can I book the whole thing in coach, then call and pay the difference in rate for the 1 leg? How could I price these 1 legs out before calling in?
Old Jan 26, 04, 6:33 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Have never done this, but I would probably make an online reservation, put it on hold, and call the web services number to get the selected leg in J/F.

What I have done, on the other hand, when upgrading one leg of a trip with miles (and not the return), is make the res on line, and then ticket it by calling the reservation line.

I would think the only way to do what you are asking directly (online) is to buy 2 one way tickets. One on J/F, the other in Y.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AirMK:
I read in a recent post someone had recommended buying 1 leg of a rt in B/C. Can you buy two different classes for the same rt reservation online, or do you have to call in? Can I book the whole thing in coach, then call and pay the difference in rate for the 1 leg? How could I price these 1 legs out before calling in?</font>
Old Jan 26, 04, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AirMK:
I read in a recent post someone had recommended buying 1 leg of a rt in B/C. Can you buy two different classes for the same rt reservation online, or do you have to call in? Can I book the whole thing in coach, then call and pay the difference in rate for the 1 leg? How could I price these 1 legs out before calling in?</font>
Maybe they were talking about stickers upgrade. I do that all the time. Purchase the cheapest fare and upgrade the segments which at least to me make more sense.

TPA-DFW - early morning flight, as long as I have one of my favorite seats, I stay in the back. Cheap breakfast, no drinks, 757 or MD80 F, not really worth it in my opinion.
but few hours later connecting to
DFW-SEA - afternoon flight, I will try to upgrade. Usually a lunch, drinks, still the same planes, but I'm getting little tired now.

So it's possible that's what you saw/read somewhere. The stickers are great IF you have status, practically useless and/or cost prohibitive if you don't.

Hope this helps.

Old Jan 27, 04, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help all. Good advice.

Search this Thread