I need 6,546 Q miles to complete my PLAT challenge?

Old Jan 26, 04, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
I need 6,546 Q miles to complete my PLAT challenge?

I need help completeting my PLAT challenge and need 6,546. I would like to do a 1 day or red I mileage run out of PBI, FLL or MIA. I would also like to stay within the U.S and not spend a ton. Thank you all for your help.

------------------
AA - GOLD
DELTA - SM
UAL - PE
HILTON - GOLD
STARWOOD - GOLD
Old Jan 26, 04, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, SW A List
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyer121:
I need help completeting my PLAT challenge and need 6,546. I would like to do a 1 day or red I mileage run out of PBI, FLL or MIA. I would also like to stay within the U.S and not spend a ton. Thank you all for your help.

</font>
I assume you mean you need 6,546 Q-points, since the challenges are based on points, not miles.

The main thing to remember is that if you are flying at the cheapest fares, you may need to fly 13,092 q-miles in order to get your 6,546 q-points.

I'll let others help you out with routings at the best fare codes!
Old Jan 26, 04, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyer121:

</font>
IF you do need 6500 Q-miles, which would mean around 3250 Q-points, here us a suggestion. This will run you around $450, but besides the miles (about 7000 total) you will get a free ticket out of this deal. Do a morning flight out from MIA-JFK with a return on next morning from JFK-MIA. This tix should ne around $200-225. Do another tix from JFK-LAX on the same afternoon as the morning flight from MIA. and same day return (a red-eye) from LAX-JFK, which will put you in JFK early following morning to catch your return home to MIA. This should also run about $200-225 maybe few $ more. Try going out on Saturday morning with a return on Sunday morning. You will complete your challenge and get a system wide free ticket! Make sure all these flight are non-stop direct flights as that's a very important part of the free ticket offer. Go to AA.COM to register for this promo as well as get the rest of the story.

NOW, if you were mistaken and you actually need 6500 q-points on cheap fares, then you are looking at 13000 miles which IMHO would be imposiible to do in one day even with a red-eye thrown in.

Old Jan 26, 04, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If you need 6500 points, you would likely spend less money (and certainly less time) spending a little more money and getting your tickets in the lowest class that gets 1 point for mile (note that is an important change for 2004)

Personally out of MIA I would fly to Europe on an M class fare, gets your PLT challenge, plus 5k bonus miles for EUR04, plus double miles for the second leg (ie the leg on which you complete the PLT challenge), plus gets you qualified for FLY04 challenge.

Search this Thread