Wiki Posts
Search

help w/ AA.com pricing!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, NW Silver
help w/ AA.com pricing!

I'm trying to book some JFK-California flts for the AANYC promo..for example JFK-LAX-SAN-LAX-JFK. The "availability tool" is showing L4s & L7s for those flights, but aa.com keeps pricing them out in Q class. Any ideas how to get AA to price those tickets in L class, since there is "supposed" to be availability in those fare buckets?
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:43 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Search by schedule, and choose the specific flights showing L class.

Display 40 flights usually works.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pAAvo T:
I'm trying to book some JFK-California flts for the AANYC promo..for example JFK-LAX-SAN-LAX-JFK. The "availability tool" is showing L4s & L7s for those flights, but aa.com keeps pricing them out in Q class. Any ideas how to get AA to price those tickets in L class, since there is "supposed" to be availability in those fare buckets?</font>
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

That's what Im trying to do..search by schedule..but AA prices out the flights in V & Q classes
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:58 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
You may want to simply try again tomorrow. The tool is a good guide, but it does not enjoy realtime access to inventory.

I also have often found that fares can be higher when purchased on weekends. Never understood why.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pAAvo T:
That's what Im trying to do..search by schedule..but AA prices out the flights in V & Q classes </font>
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Sometimes Orbitz seems to have access to inventory no one else does. Of course that means an extra $6 on the fare and no booking bonus.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Val:
I also have often found that fares can be higher when purchased on weekends. Never understood why.</font>
Peter Greenberg says Wednesday is the best day to buy and weekends are the worst. It all has to do with airfare wars between the majors.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks for all of your insight I'll try booking them again next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.