Still no discount codes???

Old Jan 22, 04, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlt, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Ambassador
Still no discount codes???

Since the other posts on this subject havetons of entries and no real answers, I decided to try again. Has anyone found any discount codes that work using AA.com? There seem to be one-off codes floating around that apply for certain dates and destinations, but are only applicable when you book by phone. Do we think that AA has switched completely away from blanket discount codes (e.g., Komen Race for the Cure, student discounts)?
I have a reservation held until 11PM central time that I have to book, so any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 22, 04, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I don't see a need for another thread on this topic, as there is already an active thread.

Moderator, can you please lock this?
Old Jan 22, 04, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlt, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Ambassador
Due respect, bu the active thread is waaaay long and yields no real answers. Why not lock that one and allow a chance for some valuable info to be shard efficiently?
Old Jan 22, 04, 11:19 am

Location: New York, NY AA EXP 1MM, Go Arsenal! Yanks in 2006!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wrigleyville:
Due respect, bu the active thread is waaaay long and yields no real answers. Why not lock that one and allow a chance for some valuable info to be shard efficiently?</font>
It yields no answers because they are no codes available at this time. One thread makes everything easier to follow including when the codes stop working. Imagine the mess if everyone looking for a code (or finding one) starts a new thread.

Old Jan 22, 04, 12:09 pm

I for one hope that if a code is found, a new thread is not only started but bolded, italicised, sound added etc.. (you get the idea.)

And come to think about it, why should this be locked? There must be 20 different threads going about FLYNYC/FLYBOS. Under your logic shouldn't all those questions be posted under the original thread?

[This message has been edited by chfenton (edited Jan 22, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 04, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

[moderator hat on]

We generally do not encourage starting multiple threads on the same topic repeating the same question. Feel free to bump the existing 2004 discount thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../019791-2.html

But please don't start new ones.

There are multiple FLY04 and AANYC/AABOS threads, but they usually have a different angle. There has been housekeeping work done on those threads as well to keep the number of threads to a minimum. Sometimes the minimum is more than 1.

[moderator hat off]

[This message has been edited by Plato90s (edited Jan 22, 2004).]

Search this Thread