Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AABOS ? Would this count? Thanks

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
AABOS ? Would this count? Thanks

I have a March SFO to BOS to SFO that I know will count. I am looking at booking SFO to BOS to AUA and back AUA to BOS to SFO. Would this second ticket count towards fulfilling the AABOS award? Please advise. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:13 am

Yes, it should count. A round trip counts if it includes two non-stop BOS-CA segments, regrdess if there were other segments in the same itinerary.

Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I really hope this is right. I called AA asking if ORD-MIA-JFK-LHR return would qualify. 2 agents said no, 2 said yes. No because I must originate in CA, NY, or FL... but you are originating in FL so I guess your fine if that agent was right.

[This message has been edited by wanaflyforless (edited Jan 21, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Actually I start and end in SFO. If I get the voucher that is great. I feel comfortable with this. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:52 am

Well the rules say:

"Qualifying Round Trips: Round-trip travel is defined as two one-way trips on nonstop flights between the designated cities, booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation."

While you can argue it either way, I would agree that the better reading is that your routing qualifies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.