Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

We have completed boarding. If you wish to depart the plane, now is the time to do so

We have completed boarding. If you wish to depart the plane, now is the time to do so

Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Link to existing thread on topic if mods want to merge:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...r-closing.html

Haha, same thought I had!
^
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by nrr
OP noted for LHR-LAX one pax did get off, wouldn't that require locating luggage (if there was any)--delaying departure for an extended time period (since this an intl flt)?
Yes flight was delayed about 30 min to find their luggage. At first I thought they said that bc/ maybe a couple was arguing but looks like it's new SOP.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Link to existing thread on topic if mods want to merge:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...r-closing.html

Haha, same thought I had!
THIS thread is about a DIFFERENT AIRLINE.

Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
THIS thread is about a DIFFERENT AIRLINE.

Ah, right. I suppose the real question then is whether this came from AA/US management or the FAA, since if it's the former, it did so recently and this might belong in the post-merger forum if it was a post-merger decision handed down to all flight crews.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by roadwarrior84
Tell me about it. I wish they would just shut up most of the time. I usually go crazy when they mention what they have for food and drinks and they go off saying all the different drinks available "coca cola products including coca cola, diet coke, sprite, ginger ale, apple juice, orange juice....."....SERIOUSLY????
They dropped Sprite and a few other beverages to make space for the new announcement.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Ah, right. I suppose the real question then is whether this came from AA/US management or the FAA, since if it's the former, it did so recently and this might belong in the post-merger forum if it was a post-merger decision handed down to all flight crews.
Seriously...the new rules here on what goes where make my head explode...
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:47 pm

It's a new announcement for both sides.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
From the other thread, it sounds like a CYA move on the part of AA...
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
+1 Heard it I think MAD-PHL...
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Seriously...the new rules here on what goes where make my head explode...
But what if the memo was typed out pre-merger and had just been sitting on the printer all this time??!! These things keep me up at night...

More importantly, just make sure that you don't have any bleach in your carry-on baggage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.