Wiki Posts
Search

New: Citi Bronze AAdvantage Mastercard - No Annual fee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2002, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New: Citi Bronze AAdvantage Mastercard - No Annual fee

Citibank has launched a new Bronze level AAdvantage World Mastercard - with no annual fee.

The bonus for your first purchase is only 2500 miles, but there's also no annual fee, so that's a bonus.

d
Old Jun 28, 2002, 4:14 pm

Where did you happen to find this? I can't find it mentioned anywhere .....
Old Jun 28, 2002, 7:26 pm
LLZ

I just got it in the mail today. Ripped it up like all the others. Last thing I need, miles or not.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:10 am

I'd consider this to save on the annual fee.
I guess this card probably doesn't cover insurance for rental cars?
Old Jun 29, 2002, 11:14 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Bronze...? Man, when will they come out with a Plutonium card....
Old Jun 29, 2002, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doppy, does it say if existing Gold AAdvantage Mastercard holders can apply for it and get the bonus? Will future purchases get 1 mile per dollar spent still?

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
Doppy, does it say if existing Gold AAdvantage Mastercard holders can apply for it and get the bonus? Will future purchases get 1 mile per dollar spent still?

Thanks.
</font>
My girlfriend got an offer for this card in the mail. Unlike the other two cards, it states that you only get 1 mile for every *2* dollars spent, same 25k/year cap (which does not apply to GLD, PLT, or EXP).
Old Jul 1, 2002, 3:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doogles:
My girlfriend got an offer for this card in the mail. Unlike the other two cards, it states that you only get 1 mile for every *2* dollars spent, same 25k/year cap (which does not apply to GLD, PLT, or EXP).</font>
there had to be a catch!
Old Jul 2, 2002, 8:58 am

Current cardholders can convert, but no extra bonus with first purchase.

Only targeted customers that currently are not cardholders can apply for this bronze card without a fee and get the bonus. It is in the testing phase according to the Citi Associate I spoke to.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry, I don't have any other details; I didn't get the mailing, just saw it in someone else's box. All the info I have came from the outside of envelope

d
Old Jul 2, 2002, 11:43 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I am EXP and have been very happy with the unlimited miles I have been able to earn with Citi AAdvantage PLT Mastercard - I am getting 1 mile per $ spent.

The unlimited miles makes the fee worthwhile to me.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 2:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I am EXP and have been very happy with the unlimited miles I have been able to earn with Citi AAdvantage PLT Mastercard - I am getting 1 mile per $ spent.

The unlimited miles makes the fee worthwhile to me.
</font>
me too, but I might be twice as happy with no fee and half the miles...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Anyone here anything additional on this "Bronze" card?
Old Sep 18, 2002, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
I spoke with Citibank last week regarding the bronze card. I thought it would be good for my college daughter - no annual fee, earns AA miles. Her monthly charge totals are low, but I'd like for her to manage a credit card account in her own name. Agent told me that they were still testing this card, but that if things go well, it could be offered to the general public in about one year.
Old May 6, 2003, 10:42 am

Does the bonus offer still valid now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.