Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Customer Relations Ignores This Paying Customer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines Customer Relations Ignores This Paying Customer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage
American Airlines Dumps Customer Relations

So when did American Airlines dump their so-called "Customer Relations" department and ignore their paying customers?

30 years of flying AA....I am a 1 million point AA Advantage Member, and it gets me NOTHING with AA!

I have a serious problem with AA regarding my flight back from Seoul....I am looking for a $1,600+ credit for services that were not rendered on a FIRST CLASS FLIGHT, and after 5 on-line submissions, there is still no resolution or response from a HUMAN BEING.

In each 'Customer Relations' submission, I asked for a REAL PERSON to call me back to address the problem, but instead, I am thanked for my input, and dumped....Without resolution, but with a growing sense of anger.

Can you imagine if REAL companies with REAL 'Customer Relations' departments like APPLE, VERIZON, or others who actually care about their customers and the experience refused to post phone numbers for Customer Service, or after repeated requests for HUMAN interaction, the customer was referred once again to an on-line form...and told to fill out again and again?!

I talked to some AA staff in Dallas last week, and they laughed and said "The company does not care about your problems....Only merger completion and profits!"....Yes or No?....DOES AA GIVE A HOOT ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE?

The answer is NO !!! If they cared or thought it was part of a sound PR strategy, they would at least pay someone in India to man a single line telephone to lie to me over the phone, and tell me they care about SERVICE.

I am giving them 10 days to correct this, or I will take them to Small Claims Court for Failing to Provide Contracted Services. They can't bring their AA Attorneys with them because it's Small Claims, so it's a sure win...and it get's published....Not that public embarrassment matters to them anyway.

In the meantime, I will be logging into every blog possible and sharing the story of AA's failures and continued lack of customer service, respect, or attention to problems within the system.

ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN AA!...

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 19, 2014 at 10:27 am Reason: restore original post title
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Smarter people than I have recommended I remove my AA number because in addition to AA's lack of Customer Service, they also lack up to date security protocols, and I don't want to be hacked....Since I've already been violated by AA.

Last edited by OCtraveler1970; Nov 18, 2014 at 8:02 pm Reason: Security
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Whoa...about the only thing I would recommend here, other than a vacation and a stiff drink is for you to remove you aadvantage number from you post...that's never a good idea to post.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Yep. I thought about the Advantage number, but its not like someone wants it. It carries no value to me at this point. It's not a SSN, so Oh well.

Seriously, the last 4 flights in a row with AA had problems. Their issues on the ground are key here. Maintenance issues, late starts, not pulling planes out in time, overselling flights, and selling my seat within the 10 minute window -- because they delayed my previous flight 2 hours!

I appreciate your stiff drink comment, but for me, I am going to skip the drink and become a new loyal customer to the other airlines.

LOL....I thought my customer loyalty mattered. I know, naive thinking in the post-consolidation era.

Thanks for the response. In the end, it is about the principle of it all. If I pay for X, that is what I should get....NOT Y or Z.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by onesocalkid
Whoa...about the only thing I would recommend here, other than a vacation and a stiff drink is .. ....
You may have hit on the real problem here -- NO PDB! I'd sue too
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Care to actually share your story or just vent? I'm sure you're frustrated. How long have you given AA to respond?

Also, just FYI from personal experience, the grass isn't greener on many other domestic airlines...
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

I've waited a week since my last 'Customer Relations' submission, and I ended it with the promise to post, blog, and Small Claims....No response.

In my business, one day passing by without a return call from me would END the customer relationship and my expectation for future business.

I fly all the major lines because I travel to all 50 states, and I need carrier flexibility, but I have always given my money and preference to AA. They just don't deserve either anymore.

If only every airline was as Customer Focused as Korean Air, Virgin, and others.

I've spent (and will continue to) more money and time typing on this issue than it is worth, but again, it is the principle of it all.

I paid for what I did not receive....I want satisfaction....Funny, I can see AA 'Customer Relations' hacks sitting back chuckling over this issue.

They don't care (yet)....but I still do.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OCtraveler1970
Yep. I thought about the Advantage number, but its not like someone wants it. It carries no value to me at this point. It's not a SSN, so Oh well.
In other words, you've already burned most all your accumulated miles, right?

In case you're not aware, there was a thread here a few months back about a very simple serious security problem with aa.com where anyone who just knows your AA# can go change your password and redeem your miles. I doubt it's been fixed since (since the OP of that thread started that thread to point out how AA had been ignoring his complaints directly to them about this security flaw).

Furthermore, in case you're not aware, you can go edit your own post right now to remove the AA#. (Only you can edit your own post.)

It's very unlikely that AA will come here and read this. On the other hand, it's very likely a hacker will come here and read this.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What exactly does OP hope to gain by posting here? He hasn't provided any facts and he's not going to get any advice or help if he doesn't.

Flights are late all the time, if you aren't at the gate by T-15 (for a domestic flight), your seat goes to a standby and so on.

If OP's post here is anything like what he sent to AA, a response other than "thanks for your input" is highly unlikely. AA, like most customer-facing organizations chalks this up to people who can't be pleased and devotes its efforts elsewhere.

OP's choice.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Good advice from both of you....The last thing I need is for AA's lacking security measures to open me up to hacking.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
You need to call them and speak with someone directly.

A common misconception these days: assuming e-mail is a form of communication.

PS. Someone out there on Darknet will be sure to thank you for the AA#... new Ipads coming his/her way shortly.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is my understanding/guess of what happened:

OP is AA MMer but probably doesn't currently hold status above Gold.

OP purchased IFC tickets including flight to/from/through Seoul.

Flight to/from Seoul suffered a mechanical delay of two hours.

As a result, OP arrived at connecting gate ten minutes before departure. At that time, the OP's FC seat had just been "sold" according to the OP, although it could have been given to a nonrev standby or an elite who requested an upgrade or even given away as an OPUP.

OP flew coach and claims that the fare difference was $1600.

Would the OP like to correct or verify this account of the events leading to OP's complaint?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I'm not looking for advice or help....Unless you have the phone number to a real person at AA in Customer Relations or in Executive Staff. LOL

I am hoping to raise awareness to a failure in the "system".....We pay money, get packed into airplanes like sardines, pay more for "up to 3" of legroom", and deal with delays, cancellation, and behind the scenes Union agreement issues that effect the paying traveler; so when the customer actually has the gall to desire audience with the aforementioned carrier who cheerfully accepted payment for a service but did not provide it, that same customer should expect to actually speak to a live representative of the company that accepted funds for the service.

Does anyone else think it is ridiculous that there IS NO PHONE NUMBER AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS or ANYONE ELSE who can assist in a case like this?

As to providing facts: I could regurgitate all of the gory details of my flights, post the flight numbers and times, the screw ups, the delays, the missed flights, the inane reasons given at the gate, the cost of time and gas for my wife and children to drive to the airport and wait for 4 hours at 10:30 pm because of all of this and more....But in the end, it would not matter. It only matters to me, my family, and my wallet, so why take the time?

I hope to gain satisfaction....There are many means to that end.

Someone has to say NO. You're right, they likely won't do a thing...but they will pay for my loss along the way.

As for customers who can't be satisfied....I have NEVER been more satisfied with the Service, On Time Departures, Care, Food, Cost, and the PEOPLE...the living and breathing PEOPLE of Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America, Lufthansa, and domestically, I use to be very satisfied and proud of American....Not anymore.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

BTW to the secret AA employee....It was a FIRST CLASS flight booked in the states through AA.

Over $7k ! The $1,600 was the charge they tacked on when I needed to change my flight time/date a month prior to travel.

All the best.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Since you know so much "insider info", why don't you post the phone number for AA Customer Relations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.