Wiki Posts
Search

Award travel to Anchorage?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Award travel to Anchorage?

I would like to use award miles for travel to Anchorage next summer, but there is very little availability. I thought that Anytime Awards were always available?

Also, I can find loads of award availability from ORD to SEA and then from SEA to ANC for the dates I want, but I was told by an agent that this would be 2 awards, they wouldn't piece them together even for the same date of travel.

Can someone help me understand how travel to ANC works? Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Travel to ANC works the same as travel to all other destinations: AAnytime awards are only available on AA metal. If part of your trip is on partner metal (such as AS), then in order to book the trip as one award, there must be SAAver availability on the AA portion as well as the AS portion. If there is not, then your option is to book the AA portion as an AAnytime award, and the AS portion as a SAAver award.

If AA is going to continue to offer seasonal DFW-ANC service, you might wait until those flights are loaded into AA's schedule, so that you can then redeem for ORD-DFW-ANC as a single, AAnytime award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.