Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima DFW-LIM - what type of seat in J? (AA 763)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Lima DFW-LIM - what type of seat in J? (AA 763)

First of all, this is all your fault.

I have learned so much on FT that my wife and I now fly up front regularly. A wise man once said: "Beware of putting a woman in J." My problem is that she is getting really spoiled. To be fair, she does have back problems, and she really likes a full lie-flat seat for comfort on long flights. Our last trip was LAX-MAD on an Iberia A330, and then a return DUS-LAX on an Air Berlin A330. Both Iberia and Air Berlin had lie-flat seats in J, so those flights were a big hit with her. (By the way, Air Berlin was very nice. Sometimes I see negative comments about Air Berlin, but our experience was quite good.)

Now I'm working on a possible trip to Peru for 2015. AA flies a 767 from DFW to LIM and back and this would probably be my easiest award redemption. (An alternative: LAN has both a 787 and a 767 on the LAX-LIM route.) But we have flown J on an AA 767 in the past and my wife just wasn't happy with the seat in J - it wasn't full lie-flat and she wasn't as comfortable as she wants to be.

I have read that AA is in the process of upgrading the business class seats on the 777s and 767s. Can anyone tell me if the plane they are using for the DFW-LIM run has upgraded (full lie-flat) seats, or is it still that old 767 seat? If it's still the old seat, does anyone know when that plane might get the newer, upgraded seats?

Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Can anyone tell me if the plane they are using for the DFW-LIM run has upgraded (full lie-flat) seats, or is it still that old 767 seat? If it's still the old seat, does anyone know when that plane might get the newer, upgraded seats?

Thanks.
DFW-LIM is on angled lie flat (old business seat).

Expect to see the old J configuration on this route for a long time. Those unrefurbished 763s will probably retire doing this route.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by carlosdca
DFW-LIM is on angled lie flat (old business seat).

Expect to see the old J configuration on this route for a long time. Those unrefurbished 763s will probably retire doing this route.
Yep. The route will be very low priority for either the refurnished 767's or 787's.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT
deleted
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Still beats that rickety old 757 that run on this route too
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Prem Exec, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Still beats that rickety old 757 that run on this route too

^ to the above, last 757 LIM bound flight didn't even have headrests...

Good luck OP, 763's not that bad... flight is not too long as I remember.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Thank you for the comments. My wife is adamant that she wants a full lie-flat seat. So I'll be using my AA miles to reserve on LAN. If I'm interpreting things correctly, the LAN 787 looks to have a full lie-flat seat. (I'll have to pay the $35 AA phone fee per ticket, but I've gotta keep my bride happy.)

For reference, in case anyone stumbles across this thread, LAN has online videos of the 767 and 787 seating. Here are the links:

LAN 767:
http://www.lan.com/sitio_personas/mi...67e/index.html

LAN787:
http://www.lan.com/sitio_personas/minisitios/boeing787/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.