Wiki Posts
Search

Helpful thanksgiving trips from AA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
Helpful thanksgiving trips from AA

AA.com has a list of tips to help with the holiday travel season here.

For some reason, this tip:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Bring a good book. Reading is a relaxing way to occupy yourself while waiting for your flight. You can also "people-watch", eat, shop or catch up on some work.</font>
is unnerving to me. I'm sure that the point of this item is that you should get to the airport earlier than you think you need to, but the idea of AA's suggesting "people-watch"ing has me thinking about dozens of people watching me walking around. I guess I didn't need to think about it in those terms.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:47 am
Suspended

I think that this is sort of a nice thing- mainly, airports will be filled with a lot of rookie travellers during the Thanksgiving weekend. They need some tips on how to handle the airport experience.

If anything, seasoned fliers should play "count the lanyards" - counting the number of adults who look silly with those over the neck boarding pass holders (looking like UMs).
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:08 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DisgruntledGoat:
If anything, seasoned fliers should play "count the lanyards" - counting the number of adults who look silly with those over the neck boarding pass holders (looking like UMs). </font>
Hey, watch it! I was just thinking yesterday whether one of those things might make my juggling of my flight documents easier!
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I love people watching at airports - its such a cross section of society and emotions - it can be fascinating.

There is a thread in Travelbuzz asking if you talk to your seatmate or not - one person said that s/he makes up stories about the seatmate if their silent. I make up stories about the people wandering around in front of my gate.

EDITED - because I shouldn't post while talking on the phone if I hope to make sense

[This message has been edited by dcmike (edited Nov 21, 2003).]
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:37 pm

People watching is my #1 passtime while traveling. The best airport in the world to people watch is LAS, imho.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 1:16 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hoc:
Hey, watch it! I was just thinking yesterday whether one of those things might make my juggling of my flight documents easier! </font>
It's a rule I have one. If you're of legal voting age and you wear one, you are a dope. No offense. Do what I do and get one of travel document holders and keep that in your bag. If you don't, then I make fun of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.