Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Admirals Club at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
Question on Admirals Club at CDG

I am an AA gold, traveling in coach into CDG this weekend (unless my miles upgrade request clears, which I am not optimistic about.)

I'm an Admirals Club member, and am confused as to whether I will be able to go into the Admirals Club and freshen up after the flight (from DFW, if that matters). The AA site says that the Admirals Club is located "after Passport Control"....does that mean that I can get in there?

I assume for sure I'll have access after my checkin coming home to the US on the return, right?

Thanks a bunch.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:20 pm

The AC is located at the gate area, down an escalator. It's actually just below the gate area. As an arriving passenger, you will not be able to access the AC since you are directed from the plane straight to passport control and then out. If you fly in J, there is an arrivals lounge after you clear passport control. I went straight to my hotel last time and didn't use it. Somebody else here can give you directions to it.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
Thanks djcrooks - guess that makes me out of luck.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Well, only if your upgrade request doesn't clear. In case it does, to get to the AA arrivals lounge, as soon as you exit the customs(douane) area, go to one of the elevators right across from where you exit, go down one floor, turn left after exiting the elevator and then you'll see a sign for the lounge on the wall on the right. It's basically straight ahead after you've made your left turn exit from the elevator, thru a set of doors and down a few stairs. The showers and amenities are very nice. Great place to get refreshed for your visit of Paris!
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:25 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Thanks from me too. I'm arriving CDG, from MIA, at 10:20Am and don't continue on until taking the TGV at 1:11pm. From there it is a walk in Lyon and flight to Cologne, so a shower in the arrivals lounge would be in order.

The info on aa.com did not show showers in any AC in CDG. Is this an AA arrival lounge? Is there any better choice, BA or LH (I'm also on an LH flight later that day,) in the same terminal?
Old Nov 17, 2003, 7:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Photos of CDG arrivals lounge
here

Tom in Mooloolaba, on the Sunshine Coast of Australia today
Old Nov 17, 2003, 7:34 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Excellent, Thanks Tom.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
AC (inside security) has no showers. Arrivals Lounge (outside security) does.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rbAA:
Thanks from me too. I'm arriving CDG, from MIA, at 10:20Am and don't continue on until taking the TGV at 1:11pm. From there it is a walk in Lyon and flight to Cologne, so a shower in the arrivals lounge would be in order.

The info on aa.com did not show showers in any AC in CDG. Is this an AA arrival lounge? Is there any better choice, BA or LH (I'm also on an LH flight later that day,) in the same terminal?
</font>
Old Nov 18, 2003, 8:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aamilesslave:
AC (inside security) has no showers. Arrivals Lounge (outside security) does.

</font>
Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 7:58 pm

I was under the impression that Gold, Plat, etc. members are eligible for access, no matter the class of service paid, to any AA arrivals lounge when travel is outside of North America. Is this not the case?
Old Nov 18, 2003, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
No, I don't believe it is. GLD/PLT/EXP do have access to any AC when traveling internationally, but arrivals lounges(only at LHR and CDG I believe) are reserved for F and J passengers only. Except at LHR, where I think you can buy a one day pass for 30GBP if you happen to be traveling in MRTC and want a shower, etc.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:35 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Almost.... PLT/EXP have access to AC when traveling internationally in any class; not GLD (unless traveling in J/F, but then any any non-status pax would have the same access).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by arkangel:
No, I don't believe it is. GLD/PLT/EXP do have access to any AC when traveling internationally, but arrivals lounges(only at LHR and CDG I believe) are reserved for F and J passengers only. Except at LHR, where I think you can buy a one day pass for 30GBP if you happen to be traveling in MRTC and want a shower, etc.</font>
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:00 am
Suspended

There's a difference between "AC" and "Arrivals Lounge." Status may allow access to AC when on int'l itn's BUT for LHR and CDG "Arrivals Lounge" it's COS flown: you must show BP from Biz or F cabin for access. So even EXP sitting in coach is not (normally) permitted access to Arrivals Lounges. And if your destination is LHR or CDG --while you may have AC entitlement as a member or status--, you cannot gain access to club due to it's location.

Some AC's, such as FRA are accessable for arrivals AND have showers. Then AC membership or status or just having a seat in F or J gains an arrivals shower.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
OW Emerald status (EXP) gives you access to ALL OW lounges - including AA arrival lounges, regardless of COS.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 7:10 am

Programs: Adrift in a sea of FF programs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by arkangel:
No, I don't believe it is. GLD/PLT/EXP do have access to any AC when traveling internationally, but arrivals lounges(only at LHR and CDG I believe) are reserved for F and J passengers only. Except at LHR, where I think you can buy a one day pass for 30GBP if you happen to be traveling in MRTC and want a shower, etc.</font>
So there's no opportunity to purchase a day pass for the arrivals lounge at CDG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.