Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 30C on 777

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Seat 30C on 777

We are flying on the Pacific/Atlantic configuration (missing rows 26-29), and we currently have seats 31A and 30C. A couple of questions for the wise:

how good is 30C, really? Can people in the inner seats get out without disturbing you?

how far are we from each other? If we were to have a brief conversation, would we be talking right through 31B?

I suppose 31A is better than 31B, so we can probably ask to switch window for aisle... right?

I don't really need to talk to my mom for 6 hours straight however, she might feel a little put off by us not sitting together. So I'm considering getting the 30D... or any two regular seats... but it's hard to let go of 31A
Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, UA, VX

If you go to www.seatguru.com you can check out the seating arrangements. Looks like there is no 30A, but there is a 30C. Unless I'm missing something. Can someone explain??

Edited because I re-read your question! Doh!
Oops! Just noticed you said "31A and 30C". Sorry! But it does look like it might be a bit difficult to talk to each other.

[This message has been edited by egtravel (edited 10-15-2003).]
Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by egtravel:
If you go to www.seatguru.com you can check out the seating arrangements. Looks like there is no 30A, but there is a 30C. Unless I'm missing something. Can someone explain??</font>
Of course, I have looked at seatguru.com. The plane is 2-5-2 configuration, AB-CDEFG-HJ. Exits are right where row 30 is, so side seats (AB and HJ) are missing in row 30.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
how good is 30C, really? Can people in the inner seats get out without disturbing you?

how far are we from each other? If we were to have a brief conversation, would we be talking right through 31B?

I suppose 31A is better than 31B, so we can probably ask to switch window for aisle... right?

I don't really need to talk to my mom for 6 hours straight however, she might feel a little put off by us not sitting together. So I'm considering getting the 30D... or any two regular seats... but it's hard to let go of 31A [/B]</font>
Mostly get by you. Better than typical 777 coach.

About 5 feet.

31B had the power connector. 31A has window so it is a toss-up. I like to sleep against the window.

How much do you love your mom? If not too much, keep 31A. If lots, move to 30D

Old Oct 15, 2003, 5:46 pm

I, personally, don't like those seats on the 777. Maybe it's just me, but on the aisle I am constantly getting bumped by people and on the inside I feel cramped next to the wall (window). You can stretch out your legs, but you have a tray table in the armrest and the video thingy pulls up from the side (in your way) whereas in a center seat, it's built into the seat in front of you. I can often get a seat on the aisle in the center of the 777 with at least one empty seat next to me and so I can spread out...even watch two movies if I want (maybe a movie and the map?). One more thing.

Just my opinion.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 8:09 pm

its defintiely to far apart to hold a conversation, you'd have to really shout..I'd give up the seat and go for 30D, if you want to chat.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:00 am

Have trawled through the previous posts on the AA group and still have been unable the answer...

On the Transatlantic 777 are seats 31 C-G which AA classify as Exit row seats any different to a standard row ?

Would you choose these over any other in the middle back block ?
Old Nov 4, 2003, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tall Bloke:

Have trawled through the previous posts on the AA group and still have been unable the answer...

On the Transatlantic 777 are seats 31 C-G which AA classify as Exit row seats any different to a standard row ?

Would you choose these over any other in the middle back block ?
</font>
Row 31 middle section looked the same as other rows, but I wasn't sitting there, so I may be wrong.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
best seats are in row 40! Trust me
Old Nov 5, 2003, 3:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tall Bloke:

</font>
No, they are exactly the same as any other row. As a "tall bloke", you will not have any aditional leg room in those seats.

The only real exit row seats are 31 A,B and H,J. If you have status on AA (not OW), you can reserve these.

Old Nov 6, 2003, 6:48 am

Thanks .. This is what I suspected

Will take Row 40 for now and try for the real exit at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.