Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH and ORD lounge questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2003, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
ZRH and ORD lounge questions

It seems that every variation of "what ZRH lounge can I use?" has been asked except this one:

1) Over the holidays, my mother and I will be flying LX in C class ORD-ZRH-GVA and return. I am EXP. Will we be able to use the Swiss First Class lounge in ZRH? What about ORD?

(On my last trip to ZRH on AA we were granted access to the Swiss First lounge, but I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not.)

2)We will be flying AA from DTW-ORD before connecting to Swiss. Can we use the Flagship Lounge in ORD, or is that not permitted since LX is not yet a full member of Oneworld?

Thanks...

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited 10-30-2003).]
Old Oct 30, 2003, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snorkmaster:
It seems that every variation of "what ZRH lounge can I use?" has been asked except this one:

1) Over the holidays, my mother and I will be flying LX in C class ORD-ZRH-GVA and return. I am EXP. Will we be able to use the Swiss First Class lounge in ZRH? What about ORD?

(On my last trip to ZRH on AA we were granted access to the Swiss First lounge, but I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not.)

2)We will be flying AA from DTW-ORD before connecting to Swiss. Can we use the Flagship Lounge in ORD, or is that not permitted since LX is not yet a full member of Oneworld?

Thanks...

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited 10-30-2003).]
</font>
1.I would assume whatever lounges LX uses in ORD, you should be able to use.

2.No, you answered your own question. LX is not OW member just yet.

Old Oct 30, 2003, 1:08 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
1.I would assume whatever lounges LX uses in ORD, you should be able to use.

2.No, you answered your own question. LX is not OW member just yet.

</font>
I understand LX departs from International Terminal 5 in ORD, and FL is in Terminal 3. With walking distances, tram and security etc. I would allow at least 1 hour.

------------------
Bring Back First Class Food on ALL flights over 2.5 hours
Old Oct 30, 2003, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
LX does have a business class lounge in ZRH so your C class ticket will entitle you to use that lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 3:57 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
LX does have a business class lounge in ZRH so your C class ticket will entitle you to use that lounge.</font>
Is this (business class lounge) the same as the Allegra Lounge?

Old Oct 30, 2003, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sk3:

</font>
I'm not sure, as I used the F lounge but saw a sign pointing to the C/J lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 5:36 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
LX has its own lounges at both ORD and (obviously) ZRH. Each of them have both business and First sections. I'd assume you'll be directed to the business lounges on a C ticket.

The ORD lounge in T5 is very small. Nice (and with great coffee), but small. The F lounge only has room for about 3 sofas and a chair; I peeked into the biz lounge and don't remember it being a whole lot bigger. Not sure how long your layover is, but given the choice, I'd prefer to spend the majority of it at the AC over in terminal 3 instead of the LX lounge (esp. since there's no wireless internet or smoking area in the LX lounge ).

OTOH, LX 009 departs right in the midst of all the other European flights, and there's no F/C/Elite line that I can remember. Last time I flew it, I arrived at security 2 hrs prior to departure, and waited about 15 minutes. Twenty minutes later, the line snaked out the doors and onto the sidewalk. Forewarned is fore-armed...

[This message has been edited by SuperSlug (edited 10-30-2003).]
Old Oct 30, 2003, 5:57 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sk3:
</font>
Allegra lounge is completely separate from the Swiss J/F lounge complex. As only a F-class passenger will, by the rules, be able to use the F-class Swiss lounge (EXP does not count), I always opt for the Allegra lounge in the other terminal since it is, for my purposes, much nicer and much less crowded. Allegra is beyond security but they have a special system for walking you back through and it is zero hassle. I actually find the non-Allegra business-class lounge to be an overcrowded, under-amenitied craphole. Allegra lounge is a relaxing delight comparatively (but still low-frills)
YMMV.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 2:18 am

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
I always opt for the Allegra lounge in the other terminal since it is, for my purposes, much nicer and much less crowded. Allegra is beyond security but they have a special system for walking you back through and it is zero hassle. I actually find the non-Allegra business-class lounge to be an overcrowded, under-amenitied craphole. Allegra lounge is a relaxing delight comparatively (but still low-frills)
YMMV.</font>
'completely agree

Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:33 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
Allegra lounge is completely separate from the Swiss J/F lounge complex. As only a F-class passenger will, by the rules, be able to use the F-class Swiss lounge (EXP does not count), I always opt for the Allegra lounge in the other terminal since it is, for my purposes, much nicer and much less crowded. Allegra is beyond security but they have a special system for walking you back through and it is zero hassle.</font>
The Allegra lounge is in the same terminal as the J/F lounges (Terminal 1), but not in the same area: Allegra is landside near baggage claim, the J/F lounge is airside on the departure floor.

You won't be able to use the LX F lounge in Zurich or Chicago with your ticket. EXP doesn't make a difference (yet).

------------------
truly yours. airOli.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.