Wiki Posts
Search

TAM miles not posting for AA elites?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
TAM miles not posting for AA elites?

I've flown TAM now half a dozen times since May. World cup stuff and other general travel. I've noticed that none of those miles are ever hitting my AA account. I know that they've got my FF number registered, it's on the ticket, with status level, but i never see the miles. LAN codeshares on TAM metal do show up.

Even deeply discounted domestic fares are supposed to give %50 miles.

Has anybody else seen this? Anybody gotten AA to do something about it?

Also, as an annoying note, i checked in yesterday in CNF in Belo Horizonte and nobody in the business / priority class checkin spoke either english or spanish. They only knew Portuguese. I asked for an exit row, in english, then spanish, then portuñol and only got confused stares. They even said "não entendo nada" to me. Then they said something which i thought meant the exit rows were taken. I got on the plane an and after the doors closed moved one row back from my middle seat to the empty exit row. Instead of the normal friendly treatment i get on LAN i got chewed out and they said i had to pay extra that.

The thing is, if they'd been able to communicate i'd happily have paid a bit extra for an upsell. Both my TAM flights yesterday had completely empty exit rows. LAN may own TAM, but they're clearly very different airlines.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
It took my nephew about 2.5 months to get all his World Cup flights to post to his AA account. These where flights to CNF, BSB, NAT, FOR, & GRU. A friend of him booked the tickets and never bothered to add his AA #. Once he got back, I submitted for miles credit right on the AA website on his behalf. He had already provided me email copy of all his itineraries, with flight info, ticket #, dates, airports, etc. I Just waited 15 days upon flight completion and submitted for miles credit request on his account. About 2.5 months latter, all proper credit showed on his account.

I did managed to add his AA # on the domestic USA portion of his ticket prior to his departure, as he flew CLT-MCO on US and MCO-MIA on AA, those posted quickly for him, also the return was MCO-CLT on US. All other flights where all in TAM, one was GOL, and I got it credited to his DL account within 1 day of request. You do not mention if you have already requested for the credit retroactively, nor if you have contacted AA, to me, that will be the first thing I would do.

I can't comment on TAM agents language skills, you would think that someone in that position, working with an airline, in an international airport would know another language, but that is not always the case. I've had similar things happened to me in Europe. That is not AA's faults, as they can not control other partners employees. Just a matter on learning to adapt. Sometimes we are the ones that need to adjust. Looks like you tried communicating to them, but where unsuccessful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.