How to determine legal routings for standby?

Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
How to determine legal routings for standby?

4.STANDBY IS PERMITTED FOR SAME DAY AA NONSTOP AND/OR CONNECTING FLIGHTS BETWEEN THE SAME ORIGIN AND DESTINATION AIRPORTS PROVIDED THE ROUTING IS APPLICABLE FOR THE FARE CHARGED.

Above is quoted from my fare rules (Q, LAX-DFW). What I'm trying to determine is how to go about finding out if (e.g.) lax-ORD-dfw is a "routing applicable for the fare charged." Is there an easy way to determine this? Do they simply need to publish a Q fare ticket on the new routing?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They can check the valid routings for a fare

If you have access to tools such as Expert Flyer, that will be able to show valid routings

Looking at one Q LAX-DFW fare, the valid routings are

Code:
 1. LAX-TUS/SMF/SLC/SJC/SAT/SAN/SAF/ROW/PHX/OKC/HOU/ELP/EGE/
    DEN/AUS/ABQ-DFW
 2. LAX-PHX/LAX/DFW-DFW
 3. LAX-DFW
None of the 3 listed routings would allow LAX-ORD-DFW
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I don't understand #2 though.

Am I correct that the routings there are the only ones I would be allowed to standby for?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
Thanks! I don't understand #2 though.

Am I correct that the routings there are the only ones I would be allowed to standby for?
Some routings can look odd; I think that the same routings may apply for several routes and so can end up with the origin or destination appearing in the list

#2 is effectively limited ( for LAX-DFW ) to LAX-PHX-DFW ; LAX-PHX-DFW is also part of #1

So the valid routings between LAX and DFW are non stop or 1 stop via 1 of

TUS/SMF/SLC/SJC/SAT/SAN/SAF/ROW/PHX/OKC/HOU/ELP/EGE/DEN/AUS/ABQ

Since standby is limited to valid routes, these are those that you are permitted to standby for
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:25 am
Original Poster

I understand now. #2 looked redundant to me and/or looked to involve backtracking which of course makes no sense. But it being part of a bigger picture makes sense.

Thanks for posting the routings, I really appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.