Wiki Posts
Search

AA FAs start peddling credit cards like US

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
AA FAs start peddling credit cards like US

Also being "served" on your American Airlines flight starting at the end of the month will be flight attendants hawking credit cards.

So nice to see everything that makes US Airways America's worst and trashiest airline (at least Spirit doesn't pretend to be more than they are) come to AA.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Also being "served" on your American Airlines flight starting at the end of the month will be flight attendants hawking credit cards.

So nice to see everything that makes US Airways America's worst and trashiest airline (at least Spirit doesn't pretend to be more than they are) come to AA.
Oh Gawd, they are going to start with that? I always hated listening to that crap on US Air and yes, it just reinforces you are on a low rent carrier.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Doesn't AA/DL/UA do that already? Disclaimer: I'm Deaf, so I can't hear what's going on, but I'm pretty sure I saw FA's on all three carriers walk up the aisle promoting credit cards. Could be wrong, though.
UA and DL do it on flights with IFE through the IFE, the f/as do not participate.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
UA and DL do it on flights with IFE through the IFE, the f/as do not participate.
I clearly remember DL's. It's about the most distracting and unsavory noise I've ever had the displeasure of hearing on an aircraft.

New "AA" is beginning to resemble DL far too much for my taste.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
I clearly remember DL's. It's about the most distracting and unsavory noise I've ever had the displeasure of hearing on an aircraft.
You haven't seen (or heard) anything until you fly Frontier. FA's hawk them, first with the announcement, then coming up and down the aisle "would you like an application?" and then after to pick up the completed applications. Has to be some incentive or commission for the FAs to be that persistent.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
You haven't seen (or heard) anything until you fly Frontier. FA's hawk them, first with the announcement, then coming up and down the aisle "would you like an application?" and then after to pick up the completed applications. Has to be some incentive or commission for the FAs to be that persistent.
I belive it's $50 per approved application.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Doesn't AA/DL/UA do that already? Disclaimer: I'm Deaf, so I can't hear what's going on, but I'm pretty sure I saw FA's on all three carriers walk up the aisle promoting credit cards. Could be wrong, though.
UA hawks their credit cards at their hub airports, but I have never heard them hawked on board. (Don't give them any ideas. )
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
UA puts a tacky advertisement on the trays of most first class meals.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Oh I've experienced it. It's especially obnoxious when you're trying to sleep

Originally Posted by austin_res
On my last DL flight, the FA mentioned the credit card over the PA.
Odd, 18 segments on DL for me this year and I've never heard them mention it.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:57 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
AS as well - which I find surprising.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:31 pm

Oh I've experienced it. It's especially obnoxious when you're trying to sleep
I love flying the foreign flag carriers... by the time you start to taxi, announcements are mostly done. One from the captain above 10k feet and one on the decent. 10 hours in between... silence. Even for turbulence, the seat belt sign goes on... then off... such sweet silence.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
The posts comprising this thread have been split from an unrelated thread so the discussion can continue here.

In future, please open a new thread when a new topic comes up rather than hijacking another one.

~Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
UA puts a tacky advertisement on the trays of most first class meals.
Just wait US will probably put the tray table ads on AA planes
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:30 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Please don't start this trashy crap, AA.

Originally Posted by CDKing
Just wait US will probably put the tray table ads on AA planes
I'll be sure to start packing an assortment of larger stickers, including my favorite, Mr. Zog's...

Last edited by Spiff; Sep 4, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Is this any worse than the duty free sales? Not to me. Yes, I get the unnecessary PA announcement when you're trying to sleep. Annoying. But beyond that, I just don't see this as a major issue. Ignore it, just as one might do with the duty-free cart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.