Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FAs start peddling credit cards like US

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:49 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Is this any worse than the duty free sales?
Yes, it is. It's low-class.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
Yes, it is. It's low-class.
To avoid that they should peddle the Citi Executive card with the $450 annual fee. Very exclusive.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:05 am

That was one of the things I noticed when I flew US before, the credit card peddling. It sounded pathetic.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
That was one of the things I noticed when I flew US before, the credit card peddling. It sounded pathetic.
I think it's pretty much the lowest of the lows. The sad reality is that the people that are filling out the applications are probably the ones least in need of it.

I'm hoping that AA FA's will take the "eh" approach and quickly mention it without doing the US FA's way of going by every single seat and asking if you want an application. I dont mind the announcement, with noise cancelling headphones, just turn up the music... but its really annoying having the FA wave the application in your face as they ask you if you want one.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by imapilotaz
I think it's pretty much the lowest of the lows. The sad reality is that the people that are filling out the applications are probably the ones least in need of it.

I'm hoping that AA FA's will take the "eh" approach and quickly mention it without doing the US FA's way of going by every single seat and asking if you want an application. I dont mind the announcement, with noise cancelling headphones, just turn up the music... but its really annoying having the FA wave the application in your face as they ask you if you want one.
I am sure the AA FA's will push the cards the same way the US FA's do. Why? Incentives. And really why would they not?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
I also don't care for the "we have a really exciting offer" and the implied "limited time" or "for this flight only" comments.

Also, on my last US flight, the FAs used a cart to use in passing out the applications. They pushed it down the aisle and had a little sign they put up.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:02 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Horrible news.

What's next? Selling lottery tickets like RyanAir?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Second tier airline amateur hour tactics. Not good.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Horrible news.

What's next? Selling lottery tickets like RyanAir?
There's not much of a difference in mind between the two. Both Lottery and credit cards prey on the lower class and those least likely to be able to "afford" them.

Many people refer to the Lottery as a "poor tax".
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 110pgl
I am sure the AA FA's will push the cards the same way the US FA's do. Why? Incentives. And really why would they not?
Yep, FAs will get a cut in any successful solicitation.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by grrizzli
To avoid that they should peddle the Citi Executive card with the $450 annual fee. Very exclusive.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by 110pgl
Ive had several jobs in the past (distant now) that had incentives or kickbacks for doing things. I for one would rather forgo extra income than compromise on what I feel is tacky or unprofessional.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, AA GLD, DL FO, Natl Elite
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Also being "served" on your American Airlines flight starting at the end of the month will be flight attendants hawking credit cards.

So nice to see everything that makes US Airways America's worst and trashiest airline (at least Spirit doesn't pretend to be more than they are) come to AA.
Lordy lordy lord... I agree, it's very trashy.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Time squandered peddling credit card applications is time not spent on customer service.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
AS does this and actually gives bonus sign-up miles if you turn it in before you land.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.