Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FAs start peddling credit cards like US

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I'm OK with that. Think of those Ebola orphans and dig a little deeper in your pocket when they come by.
If I felt any confidence whatsoever (even in the slightest) that they's get the actual $$, I would.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Personally the most obnoxious announcement is the connecting gate information. Half the time (especially at DFW), the gate has changed by the time we land. As a result, it is loud and useless.

Does anyone walk off a plane and not check the monitors/the AA app for their next flight?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Antarius
Personally the most obnoxious announcement is the connecting gate information. Half the time (especially at DFW), the gate has changed by the time we land. As a result, it is loud and useless.

Does anyone walk off a plane and not check the monitors/the AA app for their next flight?
I actually like the connecting gate info. I know to turn right or left as I get off the plane, then check the next bank of TV monitors as I walk down the concourse for confirmation.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Originally Posted by cmd320
I'm sure AA's premium transcon customers paying for full fare transcon F will thoroughly enjoy this new and very unwelcome advertisement.
Many of the US FAs have the sense to mute the speakers in FC when they are doing the spiel. Hopefully the AA FAs will do the same.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
If they wanna hard pitch credit cards do you think it would fair for pax to sell Tupperware to the FAs? ... Maybe next we do an inflight aisle garage sale? And would it then be reasonable for my creative neighbor to sell her homemade jewelry seat-by-seat by walking up and down the aisle once we reach a safe cruise altitude?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Flew 154 NRT-ORD today. No credit card mention, but there was an announcement for Change for the Good (UNICEF) and cabin crew walked through with bags for collections. For those who are bothered by the credit card announcement, does this one bother you?
Yes.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Flew 154 NRT-ORD today. No credit card mention, but there was an announcement for Change for the Good (UNICEF) and cabin crew walked through with bags for collections. For those who are bothered by the credit card announcement, does this one bother you?
In principle no, but it is the FA walking around with that bag that bothers me. I am fine if they want to particpate in this goodwill thing (a lot of airline do), but I think they should do it like other airlines which just leave an envelope in your pocket and if you want to donate, you can give it anytime to a passing FA. I think it is only the US airlines that have this walking around with that plastic bag (and worst is juggling it with the coins like street peddlers asking for money).

As for the credit card.. noooooo... how did AA stoop so low. Time for en mass complain (like the meals) to customer service. Sad how things are going after the merger that AA is becoming so much like US Airways and not the other way round. Makes me now afraid what they might do to the Aadvantage program.

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:53 am

Peddling hath occurred just now on AA 1113 PIT-DFW. And it's SO GOD DAMN LONG. 3 minute spiel.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by plon
Many of the US FAs have the sense to mute the speakers in FC when they are doing the spiel. Hopefully the AA FAs will do the same.
My two US Airways flights on Monday in F had it blasting full volume. Blah.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I actually like the connecting gate info. I know to turn right or left as I get off the plane, then check the next bank of TV monitors as I walk down the concourse for confirmation.

I just use my AA app, either in the air (connects to WiFi for free) or immediately upon landing. Much better (and more accurate) than the info the FA's give.

A few weeks ago in DFW we left 30 minutes late because the gate info was wrong and, for whatever reason, "could not be changed". Everything around the airport, as well as the announcements on inbound flights, said a gate in D terminal. However, my app said C terminal. Of course, C was right, and all info in the airport and inbound flights was wrong. That proved to me to always trust the app, even above airport monitors.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Zach1213
I just use my AA app, either in the air (connects to WiFi for free) or immediately upon landing. Much better (and more accurate) than the info the FA's give.
Interesting. I'll keep that in mind. I usually listen to the announcement, then check TV monitors in the concourse.

Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by nldogbert
... but I think they should do it like other airlines which just leave an envelope in your pocket and if you want to donate, you can give it anytime to a passing FA.
CX leaves the envelopes for everyone but also makes an announcement.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Coffee, Coke, Credit Card...?

It's here!

Today on my flight from ORD the 4 FA's were hawking credit card applications. Seems like the message went on forever!

I'm sure glad this US Air service standard was brought to AA. Makes me feel like I am on cheap low budget carrier (my apologies to offending low budget carriers!).

Will I live--- yes but it sure seems tacky.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I never understood why this is a big deal. It can be annoying, but I ignore it. Most of the time I'm doing something else like playing a game, reading, etc that I tune it out.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:48 pm

I wouldn't mind this it all...if it meant that I could have even more AA credit cards...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.