Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As promised by SEA station manager.. AA198/9 extended..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2003, 8:54 am
Original Poster

As promised by SEA station manager.. AA198/9 extended..

I was speaking with the SEA station manager a few days ago and he let me in on a little secret that he had.. for the first time in over a decade, JFK-SEA is going year round.. its original termination date was 2nd September..

Good news for the SEA crew who have had a hard time of it in the last few years.. international hub to O&D domestic can't be a fun transition...

Also already announced JFK-NRT returns to daily and the LAX-NRT flight will get off the ground later this year...
Old Aug 28, 2003, 10:57 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
whoo hooo.

Now if we could get a flight leaving seattle to the east coast that leaves after 2 pm. I would be soo happy.

lala
Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
So when will the flight schedules reflect this change?

------------------
"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are", Buckaroo Bonzai
Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:28 pm

lalala, you can... there's a 11:35pm to ORD and a 11:40pm to DFW that make connections eastbound LGA, IAD, BOS, etc.)...that is, if you like redeyes!
Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA/UA/BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brian-AAFlyer:
international hub to O&D domestic can't be a fun transition...</font>
SEA was an international hub city? I know there was SEA-NRT service, but it wasn't a hub, was it?
Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
SEA was an international hub city? I know there was SEA-NRT service, but it wasn't a hub, was it?</font>
not a hub, no. but a flight crew base, yes.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 9:43 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I was told in the AC last weekend the redeyes to both STL and ORD would be gone soon. I can understand STL, but certainly not ORD. Sometimes it seems AA is giving the business away. (I hope I'm wrong!)
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:03 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fredmartens:
lalala, you can... there's a 11:35pm to ORD and a 11:40pm to DFW that make connections eastbound LGA, IAD, BOS, etc.)...that is, if you like redeyes! </font>

i think lalala means a non-stop. changing planes at 5:30 AM is no fun, especially after only a few hours sleep.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 08-29-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:36 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
I am still hopeful and anxious for the return of SEA - NRT on a 777 and SEA to MIA on a 763 both direct nonstops of course. When I ask you when?
Old Sep 1, 2003, 12:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JHIN:
I am still hopeful and anxious for the return of SEA - NRT on a 777 and SEA to MIA on a 763 both direct nonstops of course. When I ask you when?</font>
dream on, I have heard that the SEA base will soon shrink to nothingness. We are exploring our alternatives...

lala
Old Sep 1, 2003, 7:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Don't rule out the return of MIA-SEA, but it would not be a 763. A 752 most likely, maybe a 738. Alaska Airlines daily MIA-SEA service has done wonderfully. 85%+ average loads and great yields.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 7:36 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
The SEA-ORD redeye went away last winter, and STL is being downsized so is likely losing all its inbound redeyes.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bkkth:
I was told in the AC last weekend the redeyes to both STL and ORD would be gone soon. I can understand STL, but certainly not ORD. Sometimes it seems AA is giving the business away. (I hope I'm wrong!)</font>
Old Sep 3, 2003, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
dream on, I have heard that the SEA base will soon shrink to nothingness. We are exploring our alternatives...

lala
</font>
Could you elaborate on this? Or do I not want to hear it?
Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SeAAttle:
Could you elaborate on this? Or do I not want to hear it?</font>
I heard from the AC folks that they are looking to downsize further, cut more flights into and out of Seattle in the next year.

I can't say that its the gospel truth, but it doesn't look pretty.

lala
Old Sep 3, 2003, 2:02 pm

My friend has been scheduled on this flight in October for months now. The change from Sept.2nd termination date must have been decided quite a while ago.

[This message has been edited by Terri77 (edited 09-03-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.