Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI originating in US but connecting to BA for TATL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, onePass

Booked AA award -AA DFW-EWR connecting to BA EWR-LHR-VCE beginning September 9.

I know I can do OLCI on AA.com for 1st flight.......but not sure about the BA segments. When I go to my BAEC account the flights are accessible there and indicate I can do OLCI beginning with my second segment EWR-LHR.

However on my BA manage My Booking page it lists flight 1 as EWR-LHR, flight 2 as DFW-EWR and flight 3 as LHR-VCE.

1. Is this going to an issue or problem? It does not seem logical that my Dallas flight to Newark to connect to my flight to London is showing as my second flight.

2. After I do OLCI for my DFW-EWR flight on AA.com can I then complete OLCI on BA.com for the BA segments?

Or can I do it on AA.com or is it done at DFW airport?

My AA.com Itinerary is in the correct order.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
You either will be able to check in for everything by checking in on AA.com or AA.com won't let you check-in online at all. Usually when I have a mixed AA-BA booking I get option 2 and just have to wait to check-in at the airport.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wrp96
You either will be able to check in for everything by checking in on AA.com or AA.com won't let you check-in online at all. Usually when I have a mixed AA-BA booking I get option 2 and just have to wait to check-in at the airport.
Same here. Never been able to check-in online for a mixed AA-BA itinerary.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Are you checking bags?

Because if you are checking bags, I have found that there is no benefit whatsoever to international online check-in, at least in my home airport, SAN.

SAN does not have a dedicated "bag drop" line for already checked-in passengers. When arriving to the airport, either kiosk or agent, I have to go through the whole process as if I had not checked in (swipe passport, several screen prompts, etc)...and stand in line at the business/first pod (usually just one or none in front of me)

When traveling internationally, I just don't bother to try OLCI and instead check-in with an agent, even if I don't have bags
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

No bags to check....flying in FC...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:53 pm

With an international leg in there OLCI is usually an issue because they have to physically check your travel documents (passport, visas if applicable etc) before you can actually check in.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When I went to MMB for checkin on my recent SFO-LHR-ATH ticket I was not allowed OLCI on the US departure more than two hours from departure. (I checked in at SFO.)

This seems to be a limitation BA has, possibly from a US rule or policy.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks you all for your experiences........I guess we will just expect to check in at the airport.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
FWIW just did a short haul on BA connecting to LHR-JFK-SFO on one rez, with BA flight being vanilla BA, not codeshare, and the others being AA. Checked in on BA.com yesterday for my CE short haul, could not check in on AA this morning as it wanted to redirect me to ba.com, but immediately after I landed at LHR today I was able to check on AA.com for my flights. It helps I have to overnight here so I have the option of doing this, which normally would not be the case if the flights all left the same day.

Says I have TSAPre for my LHR-JFK flight, bet ya that's not happening

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.