AA Award schedule change

Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
AA Award schedule change

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've read a few threads and the AA rules but am not sure how this is interpreted:

We have 2 award tickets DFW-GIG. Originally we booked the direct flight. Was supposed to depart at 7:55pm and arrive at 8:35am. New booking has us depart DFW at 7:00pm, connect in MIA (legal connection) and land GIG at 9:31am. So, that's 55 minutes earlier plus 56 minutes later for a total of 1 hour and 51 minutes difference in our schedule as well as going from direct to connection.

Will AA just let me cancel this and get the miles back for the trip? We don't want to go with a connection, just wanted the direct flight.

Thanks!

Last edited by ericgdukie44; Aug 27, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Guess going to connection means you can cancel for sure, sorry for dumb question.

As an aside, it looks like they no longer have DFW-GIG starting in March, did they seriously drop that route?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
As an aside, it looks like they no longer have DFW-GIG starting in March, did they seriously drop that route?
It's been seasonal (starting and stopping a few times a year) since it was introduced, but I guess they shortened it a little (ran through very early April originally.)
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
You can cancel and get your miles and money back, but the non-stop service is suspended March through the first week of June, so you have no way of getting to Rio non-stop.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Guess going to connection means you can cancel for sure, sorry for dumb question.

As you recognize, you can cancel and get your miles and whatever fees were charged back without penalty. But if you still wish to make the trip, you should see what alternatives might be available before you contact AA. Unless you have accepted the new routing, that's just a suggestion on the part of AA's computer system.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've read a few threads and the AA rules but am not sure how this is interpreted:

We have 2 award tickets DFW-GIG. Originally we booked the direct flight. Was supposed to depart at 7:55pm and arrive at 8:35am. New booking has us depart DFW at 7:00pm, connect in MIA (legal connection) and land GIG at 9:31am. So, that's 55 minutes earlier plus 56 minutes later for a total of 1 hour and 51 minutes difference in our schedule as well as going from direct to connection.

Will AA just let me cancel this and get the miles back for the trip? We don't want to go with a connection, just wanted the direct flight.

Thanks!
If it is a valid connection (<4 hours or LIFO, then it should not be charged for each segment. If you see the flights available as milesaver, put it on hold and call AA webservices to fix the fare for you.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mvoight
If it is a valid connection (<4 hours or LIFO, then it should not be charged for each segment. If you see the flights available as milesaver, put it on hold and call AA webservices to fix the fare for you.
I don't see how the OP has anything to do with what you're addressing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.