Milage Credit for unused flights?

Old Aug 24, 03, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Milage Credit for unused flights?

Howdy,

I recently had a non-refundable ticket, which I was unable to use as I arrived too late on my connecting flight (was connecting from United).

Has anyone ever had American credit their account with the milage for a flight they did not use, but paid for? Where, they did not use it due to a missed connection? (I ended up driving home, as I did not want to spend the night).

Thanks in advance.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Aug 24, 03, 2:43 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pakse:
Has anyone ever had American credit their account with the milage for a flight they did not use, but paid for? </font>
They don't do it... if you don't fly, you don't get the miles.

Greg

Old Aug 24, 03, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Greg,
Thats not entirely correct, you can recive mileage for flights that get canceled, I say you should call up and try for it, worst thing that happens is you wait on hold a little bit and they say no, definetly worth a try if you ask me.

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
Running for Talkboard, All votes appreciated
Old Aug 24, 03, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMaK10:
Greg,
Thats not entirely correct, you can recive mileage for flights that get canceled, I say you should call up and try for it, worst thing that happens is you wait on hold a little bit and they say no, definetly worth a try if you ask me.

</font>
His flight was not cancelled, he was just late. I agree, no fly, no miles.

Old Aug 24, 03, 7:20 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
This has happened to me numerous times.... when I arrive late into Dallas it some often cheaper to drive on into Midland than wait for the next day's flights.

I have always gotten credit for the trip when I asked very nicely.....

The key issue here is whether they will allow it since it was not their fault but United's fault?

------------------
AA member since 1981. Oracle Implementations .... Will Travel....
Old Sep 1, 03, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

Well I did write customer service, and essentially said what I had in my opening post.

I just recieved a response back stating that American would be happy to credit me with milage for the trip.

When they post to my account, I'll post a confirmation. I have no idea if this is due to my status (EXP), or anything else - but it does seem quite nice of them to do it.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

p.s. Although don't forget, they aren't losing money - I paid for my fare.

Search this Thread