FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   1,000 miles for booking Award Online? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/160545-1-000-miles-booking-award-online.html)

ckiggins Aug 26, 2003 2:33 pm

1,000 miles for booking Award Online?

Isn't there a deal that if you book award travel via AA.com that you will receive 1,000 miles for booking online?

I booked a PlanAAhead trip in April, flew in July/August and bonus never posted. Sent a mileage request last week and AA responds to say that it's not eligible for online booking bonus since it was a free ticket.

Of course now I can't find anything on AA.com to dispute that. I'm 99.9% sure I saw that you'd receive 1,000 for online booking. Was I hallucinating?

tekelberry Aug 26, 2003 2:37 pm

It's burried deep into AA.com, I had to use Google to find it as the search engine on AA.com wouldn't find it for me.

Award travel booked via AA.com is eligble for the booking bonus.

URL: http://www.aa.com/content/urls/bonus.jhtml

Ready2Go Aug 26, 2003 2:40 pm

This is not new; I received the bonus back in March. (It didn't post automatically; I had to follow up with an e-mail. But when I did, they posted it.)

tekelberry Aug 26, 2003 2:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ready2Go:
This is not new; I received the bonus back in March. (It didn't post automatically; I had to follow up with an e-mail. But when I did, they posted it.)</font>
We aren't saying that it is new. The guy couldn't find the link for the booking bonus to prove that he should get the 1000 bonus miles because AA.com hid it.

jakatz Aug 26, 2003 3:27 pm

I recieved it after I completed the trip...it posted as a customer service bonus.

Ready2Go Aug 26, 2003 3:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tekelberry:
We aren't saying that it is new.</font>
I know ... I was just trying to help by ruling out one possible excuse that ckiggins might get when he calls back with the info you found.

djcrooks Aug 26, 2003 3:34 pm

I just returned on Saturday night from Cancun. Award ticket booked online, then I called and changed the award code to the Citi reduced mileage award. My 1000 miles online booking bonus posted yesterday without me having to do anything.

ckiggins Aug 26, 2003 3:37 pm

Thanks everyone for the quick replies! And speaking of quick replies, after following the URL and sending it to AA, I received the following response within 15 minutes:

Hello Mr. ckiggins,

Thank you for responding back.

I apologize for the error in my previous email. I have posted the 1,000 bonus miles in your account. If you check your account balance
online, please allow 24 hours for this addition to be reflected in your mileage balance.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. I hope you will continue to favor us with your business.

Great customer service!

Ready2Go Aug 26, 2003 4:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ckiggins:
Great customer service!</font>
Aside from answering a simple question completely wrong the first time ...

kicknit Aug 26, 2003 6:59 pm

Just as an FYI, I've booked two awards online at aa.com, and neither time it posted. I had to e-mail AAdvantage customer service for both trips to earn the 1,000 miles. Once they responded to my inquiry, the miles posted the next day.

clacko Aug 27, 2003 9:02 am

thanks to this thread, i am 1000 mi's richer. i took an award flight in july but didn't get the bonus...figured it wasn't done.

yesterday evening, read this thread & emailed aa. received an answer this am which said that the mi's were posted & would show up w/i 24 hrs.

thanks flyertalkers & thanks aa.

hka_mm Aug 27, 2003 11:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by djcrooks:
I just returned on Saturday night from Cancun. Award ticket booked online, then I called and changed the award code to the Citi reduced mileage award. My 1000 miles online booking bonus posted yesterday without me having to do anything.</font>
So you are saying that first you booked it on AA.com and later on asked AA(Citi?) to put the Citi reduced award code to get the citi card reduced miles award advantage and you got the reduced award as well as 1000 bonus miles?

dgordon Aug 27, 2003 3:04 pm

I did the same thing in April for a reduced ticket from ORD to Toronto. Held three tickets online, called and changed code so that it would cost 17,500 instead of 25K each for three tickets. I believe I finalized it online but I don't remember. Had to call to get the 1000 online booking bonus, but I got them. Net 16,500 per ticket. Nice!

------------------
Ms.DtG

neophyte Aug 27, 2003 4:40 pm

So, if I book 4 award tickets for 4 people including myself, do I still get 4000 bonus miles ? Do I have to make four separate reservations to get bonus?

Ready2Go Aug 27, 2003 5:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by neophyte:
So, if I book 4 award tickets for 4 people including myself, do I still get 4000 bonus miles ? Do I have to make four separate reservations to get bonus?</font>
You don't get 4000 miles, but each traveler should get 1000:

"Bonus miles will be credited to the account of the person traveling after flight activity is posted to the traveler's AAdvantage account."