Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Flights MIA Terminal A - Connected to B-E now?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2003, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
AA Flights MIA Terminal A - Connected to B-E now?

Is there an inside security passageway from A gates to the B gates now at MIA? It appears on the AA site that it is B-E and not A-E(omitting the horrible E20-35 of course)?

I may be arriving at A and leaving from B ad would hate to be outside security at A and have to go thru TSA for a 20 yard walk.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 10:28 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
The passageways behind security are physically connected A-E. During my last trip through MIA in May B-A was completely open. In the past, it was roped off behind security with a secondary guard screening access.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:31 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Viajero Perpetuo:
The passageways behind security are physically connected A-E. During my last trip through MIA in May B-A was completely open. In the past, it was roped off behind security with a secondary guard screening access.</font>
That is a relief. Although with my luck I will land at E20-35 and this will be purely academic as I will be outside security anyway after the MIA TRAAIN .

I have only walked as far as B before usually to the AC inside security at B5 so I hadn't known until now you can keep going to A.

[This message has been edited by ricktoronto (edited 08-28-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 2003, 12:19 am
21A

On a related note, since A-E except for the E sat are connected, which security checkpoints are the best bet for avoiding the lines? E's was an absolute mess midday last Thursday... nobody was getting through except when TSA realized a flight was about to leave and called those pax out of line. (They never called SFO passengers out of line, for example, so that flight had to be held.) I gather D is pretty busy too, but maybe A or B or C is a better bet in general?
Old Aug 29, 2003, 7:54 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mkincaid:
On a related note, since A-E except for the E sat are connected, which security checkpoints are the best bet for avoiding the lines? E's was an absolute mess midday last Thursday... nobody was getting through except when TSA realized a flight was about to leave and called those pax out of line. (They never called SFO passengers out of line, for example, so that flight had to be held.) I gather D is pretty busy too, but maybe A or B or C is a better bet in general?</font>
As long as you are not stuck at E20-35 the inner curve of the terminal's banana shape is pretty short so just walk from security area to security area, you are bound to find one that is pretty slack , realtive to the others. I have found B to be OK most times, and in the .01% chance they are asking why you are entering B when you are leaving from E, then say they changed the gate or you are going to the Admirals Club in B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.